Azure Fabric Interview Questions from Codingcompiler – Are you planning a great career in Microsoft Azure Fabric and have an interview ahead? Then you should look at this full list of Azure Fabric interview questions and Answers from Codingcompiler.
These questions will help you to clear your next Azure fabric interview process. The Average salary for Azure Developer is approximately $98,450 pa, so it’s a great opportunity, don’t miss your next interview. Keep leaning.!
Azure Fabric Interview Questions
- What is Azure Service Fabric?
- What is node in Azure Service Fabric?
- What is a Cluster in Service Fabric?
- How does Service Fabric relate to containers?
- What are the Advantages of Azure Service Fabric?
- What is a MicroService?
- What are the types of microservices are available?
- Is fabric a PaaS service?
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure Cloud Service?
Azure Fabric Interview Questions and Answers
1) What is Azure Service Fabric?
Ans: Azure Service Fabric is a distributed systems platform which eases the work of deploying, packaging and managing reliable and scalable microservices. It also handles noteworthy problems related to the development of cloud applications.
Service Fabric represents the next-generation platform for building and managing these enterprise-class, tier-1, cloud-scale applications running in containers.
2) What is node in Azure Service Fabric?
Ans: A Service Fabric cluster is a network-connected set of virtual or physical machines into which your microservices are deployed and managed. A machine or VM that’s part of a cluster is called a node. Virtual machine scale sets are an Azure compute resource that you use to deploy and manage a collection of virtual machines as a set. Every node type that is defined in an Azure cluster is set up as a separate scale set.
3) What is a Cluster in Service Fabric?
Ans: A Service Fabric cluster is a network-connected set of virtual or physical machines into which your microservices are deployed and managed. A machine or VM that is part of a cluster is called a cluster node. Clusters can scale to thousands of nodes.
4) How does Service Fabric relate to containers?
Ans:Containers offer a simple way to package services and their dependencies such that they run consistently in all environments and can operate in an isolated fashion on a single machine. Service Fabric offers a way to deploy and manage services, including services that have been packaged in a container.
5) What are the Advantages of Azure Service Fabric?
- Fast deployment times as creation of virtual machines are time consuming while in service fabric its quick to deploy in clusters.
- High density hosting as we can deploy large number of applications to smaller number of VMs.
- Ability to run in any environment or in any operating systems. Not mandatory to be in Azure, can run in on-premises also.
- Distributed application management.
Basic Azure Fabric Interview Questions and Answers
6) What is a MicroService?
Microservice applications are composed of small, independently versioned, and scalable customer-focused services that communicate with each other over standard protocols with well-defined interfaces
Service Fabric is agnostic on how you build your service, and you can use any technology. However, it does provide built-in programming APIs that make it very easy to build microservices.
7) What are the types of microservices are available?
Types of MicroServices:
- Stateless Microservices:
- Stateless microservices (protocol gateways, web proxies, etc.) do not maintain a mutable state outside of any given request and its response from the service. Azure Cloud Services worker roles are an example of a stateless service.
- Stateful Microservices:
- Stateful microservices (user accounts, databases, devices, shopping carts, queues, etc.) maintain a mutable, authoritative state beyond the request and its response. Today’s Internet-scale applications consist of a combination of stateless and stateful microservices.
8) Is fabric a PaaS service?
Beyond just spinning up a cluster of IaaS VMs, Azure Service Fabric is a full “custom PaaS” system. It also allows you to easily scale and manage your micro-services that are hosted within that “custom PaaS” service as well. Azure Service Fabric is a full “custom PaaS” system.
9) What is cloud computing?
It is the use of servers on the internet to “store”, “manage” and “process” data. The difference is, instead of using your own servers, you are using someone else’s servers to do your task, paying them for the amount of time you use it for.
10) What is Azure Cloud Service?
Cloud service can convey a multiple web application in Azure, characterizing a number of parts to disseminate handling and permit adaptable scaling of your application. A cloud service comprises of a minimum of one web pars as well as specialist parts, each with its own particular application documents and design.The fundamental favourable position of cloud service is the capacity to help more complex multi-level structures.
11) Explain Cloud Services vs Service Fabric?
- Applications and infrastructure:In Cloud Services we deploy applications as Virtual Machines where the code is coupled to an instance. There is no difference between an application and VM definition here as both are considered as one, while in Service Fabric we just deploy our applications into existing virtual machines where the service is completely decoupled from the underlying infrastructure.
- Application architecture :
- We might be having a lot of external service dependencies in cloud service architecture like tables, storage and cache. The service fabric can also follow the same by just replacing the cloud service deployment with the service fabric stateless services in a simple migration with minimal code change or use stateful features by writing some custom services.
- Communication and workflow :
- The communication between different tier in case of cloud service and service in case of Service Fabric happens commonly in two models: direct and via an external durable storage. In cloud services tiers communicate directly by selecting the instance of the VM role and connecting to the endpoint directly, while in service fabric we just connect to a service.
12) What is Service type in Azure Service Fabric?
A service type is a coding unit or a configuration which runs independently. An application type can have one or more service types. For example, Queue Service.
13) What is Application type in Azure Service Fabric?
The application type is a collection of one or more service types or we can describe them as a collection of microservices.
14) What is service fabric Explorer?
Service Fabric Explorer (SFX) is an open-source tool for inspecting and managing Azure Service Fabric clusters. Service Fabric Explorer is a desktop application for Windows, macOS and Linux
Advanced Azure Fabric Interview Questions and Answers
15) What are the different programming models supported by Azure Service Fabric?
- Reliable Services
- Reliable Actors
- ASP.NET Core
- Guest Executables
16) What is Reliable Services?
Reliable Services in Azure Fabric are services addressing single or multiple business concerns. However they are different from the normal web services that we usually develop. By design they are reliable, scalable, highly available and consistent as they are hosted on multiple nodes, partitions and replicas in a cluster.
Reliable services can easily access rest of Service Fabric APIs and due to this they can discover other services with ease, communicate with other services, can do health reporting and much more.
17) What is Reliable Actors?
Reliable Actors are based on Actor programming model
An actor has three primary components,
- Code to achieve business functionality
- Storage to persist Service state
- Communication system or a mailbox queue to store messages sent by other actors that it will process.
To achieve parallel processing the client can talk to multiple actors. Though the actors can run in parallel, each actor can process the messages it has received in its queue sequentially.
In case of Azure Service Fabric the actors are denoted as Virtual Actors. They are not explicitly created or destroyed in the memory rather they get activated or created when the first call or invocation is made. The actor object gets destroyed when it is not used for some period of time.
The Reliable Actor model is based on top of Reliable Stateful Service model. A Virtual Actor consists of Reliable Stateful Service that addresses the need to have code and a persistant state. The communication part is handled using Service Remoting.
18) What is Container?
Azure Container Instances is a service that enables a developer to deploy containers on the Microsoft Azure public cloud without having to provision or manage any underlying infrastructure. Service Fabric is Microsoft’s container orchestrator for deploying microservices across a cluster of machines.
19) What is an Application package in Azure Service Fabric?
The collection of service code packages and the configuration files combined for a particular application. These are the physical files that are deployed, and they are simply in a file and folder format layout. For example, an application package for an email application could contain a queue service package, a front-end service package, and a database service package.
20) What are the benefits of using container with Service Fabric?
Compared to virtual machines, containers have the following advantages:
Small: Containers use a single storage space and layer versions and updates to increase efficiency.
Fast: Containers don’t have to boot an entire operating system, so they can start much faster–typically in seconds.
Portability: A containerized application image can be ported to run in the cloud, on premises, inside virtual machines, or directly on physical machines.
Resource governance: A container can limit the physical resources that it can consume on its host.
21) Explain the advantages of the container over virtual machines.
Below are the advantages of the container over virtual machines.
1. Smart: Use a single storage space and layer versions to increase efficiency
2. Fast: Start faster as no need to boot an operating system
3. Portability: Application image can be ported to run on the cloud, virtual machines, premises or physical devices
4. Resource Governance: Resources can be limited consumed by the host.