PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions And Answers 2018. Here Coding compiler sharing a list of 20 interview questions on PeopleSoft Integration Broker. These integration broker interview questions were asked in various interviews and prepared by expert PeopleSoft integration broker professionals. We hope that these PeopleSoft integration broker questions will help you to crack your next job interview. All the best for your future and happy learning.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions
- What is PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What are the most important subsystems of PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What are Integration Gateway and the Integration Engine in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What are Web Services in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What are the benefits of Integration Gateway?
- What are the benefits of Integration Engine?
- What are the components of Integration Gateway Architecture?
- What are the components of Integration Engine Architecture?
- What are service operations in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What are the different Service Operation Types?
- What are the different Messaging Types in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
- What is Synchronous messaging?
- What is Asynchronous messaging?
- What is the Order of Precedence for Creating Integration Metadata?
- What is PSCAMA?
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions And Answers
1) What is PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) PeopleSoft Integration Broker is a middleware technology that: Performs asynchronous and synchronous messaging among internal systems and third-party systems. Exposes PeopleSoft business logic as web services to PeopleSoft and third-party systems.
2) What are the most important subsystems of PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) PeopleSoft Integration Broker consists of two most important subsystems, they are:
Integration Gateway and the Integration Engine.
3) What are Integration Gateway and the Integration Engine in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) The integration gateway resides on a PeopleSoft web server, and the integration engine is installed on an application server as part of the PeopleSoft application.
4) What are Web Services in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) PeopleSoft Integration Broker enables you to provide web services to other PeopleSoft systems and external integration partners by generating Web Services Description Language (WSDL) documents and Web Application Definition Language (WADL) document from integration metadata.
PeopleSoft supports providing WSDL documents and WADL documents to the PeopleSoft WSDL repository. The system also supports providing WSDL documents to Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration (UDDI) repositories.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 5) What are the benefits of Integration Gateway?
A) The integration gateway is a platform that manages the receipt and delivery of messages passed among systems through PeopleSoft Integration Broker. It supports the leading TCP/IP application protocols used in the marketplace today and provides extensible interfaces to develop new connectors for communication with legacy, enterprise resource planning, and internet-based systems.
Additional features include:
Backward compatibility for Extensible Markup Language (XML) links and PeopleSoft Application Messaging.
Listening connectors and target connectors that transport messages between integration participants and the integration engine.
Basic logging information concerning message receipt, delivery, and errors.
Connection persistence with continuous open feeds to external systems through connectors, with full failover capabilities.
Transport protocol and message format management so that when messages reach the integration engine, they have a PeopleSoft-compatible message format.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 6) What are the benefits of Integration Engine?
A) The integration engine runs on the PeopleSoft application server. Rather than communicating directly with other applications, the integration engine sends and receives messages through one or more separately installed integration gateways.
The integration engine:
Uses a modular architecture, so it can treat gateways as black boxes and communicate with them using standard connectors.
Adapts elements of an existing integration to produce a new integration with only minor adjustments.
Handles messages containing data in a variety of formats. Formats include the PeopleSoft rowset-based message format, and nonrowset-based message structures including , XML document object model messages, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) messages, and non-XML files.
Sends and receives messages asynchronously (like email) or synchronously (suspending activity to wait for a response).
Applies message transmission type and routing based on specifications that you define in a PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture component.
By developing and applying application engine transform programs, the application engine can transform message structure and translate data content according to specifications that you define in PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture components.
You develop transform application engine programs in PeopleCode or Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) code.
These specifications can be reused for other integrations.
Handles security features such as authentication, nonrepudiation, and cookies.
7) What are the components of Integration Gateway Architecture?
A) The key components in integration gateway architecture are,
- Gateway manager.
- Gateway services.
Interview Questions on PeopleSoft Integration Broker
8) What are the components of Integration Engine Architecture?
A) The integration engine uses a variety of PeopleTools elements to create, implement, manage, and enhance integrations. Its modular architecture separates integration development activities from administrative activities.
The integration engine is a combination of PeopleSoft Application Designer definitions, PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture definitions, PeopleCode, and XSLT code, along with the underlying mechanisms that tie all these elements together.
The underlying mechanisms include the request handlers that process both inbound and outbound messages according to the specifications in the development and administrative elements.
The integration engine resides on the PeopleSoft application server.
9) What are service operations in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) A service operation in the PeopleSoft system contains the processing logic for an integration and determines if the integration is to be processed synchronously or asynchronously. A service operation definition contains the following definitions:
Message. A message contains the payload of the integration.
XML message schema. Message schemas provide the physical description of the data that is being sent, including descriptions of fields, field types, field lengths, and so on.
Handler. A service operation handler contains the processing logic for the service operation.
Routing. A routing definition specifies the direction of the integration (inbound or outbound), routing alias names, transformations, and more.
10) What are the different Service Operation Types?
A) PeopleSoft Integration Broker supports four types of service operations:
- Asynchronous one-way.
- Asynchronous request/response.
- Asynchronous to synchronous.
Advanced PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions
11) What are the different Messaging Types in PeopleSoft Integration Broker?
A) PeopleSoft Integration Broker supports asynchronous and synchronous messaging.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 12) What is Synchronous messaging?
A) In synchronous messaging, a message is sent to a target system. The sending system must receive a response from the target system before it continues to process additional messages.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 13) What is Asynchronous messaging?
A) In asynchronous messaging, a message is sent to a target system. However, the sending system does not need to receive a response from the target system before it can continue processing messages. This type of messaging is also referred to as fire-and-forget messaging.
14) What is the Order of Precedence for Creating Integration Metadata?
A) Create integration metadata in the following order:
- Integration gateway definition.
- Node definition.
- Message definition.
- Integration PeopleCode.
- Transformation programs.
- Queue definition.
- Service definition.
- Service operation definition.
- Handler definition.
- Routing definition.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions For Experienced
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 15) What is PSCAMA?
A) PeopleTools adds the PSCAMA record to every level of the message structure during processing. It isn’t accessible in the message definition, but you can reference it as part of the Message object in the sending and receiving PeopleCode, and you can see it in the Integration Broker Monitor. PeopleCode processes this record the same way as any other record.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 16) What are Message Container Structures?
A) Message container structures hold rowset-based or nonrowset-based message part structures. All message parts assigned to a container must of the same type, rowset-based or nonrowset-based. A message container is always a nonrowset-based message.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 17) What is Message Schema Builder?
A) The message Schema Builder enables you to build, import, modify and delete XML message schemas.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 18) What are services?
A) Services are used to logically group a set of service operations.
For example, if you have a number of service operations that are related to customers, such as those pertaining to customer information, adding customers, updating customers, deleting customers, and so on, you can create a customer web service and then associate the related service operations with that service.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 19) What are Service Operations?
A) A service operation definition consists of general information about an operation, such as its name, description, and so on. It also specifies an operation type, which determines how the operation is to be processed, synchronously or asynchronously.
PeopleSoft Integration Broker Interview Questions # 20) What are REST Services?
A) REST services are used to logically group a set of REST service operations.
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- PeopleSoft Application Engine Interview Questions
- RSA enVision Interview Questions
- RSA SecurID Interview Questions
- Archer GRC Interview Questions
- RSA Archer Interview Questions
- Blockchain Interview Questions
- Commvault Interview Questions
- Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions
- ZooKeeper Interview Questions
- Apache Kafka Interview Questions
- Couchbase Interview Questions
- IBM Bluemix Interview Questions
- Cloud Foundry Interview Questions
- Maven Interview Questions
- VirtualBox Interview Questions
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Logstash Interview Questions
- Elasticsearch Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- JBehave Interview Questions
- Openshift Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Demandware Interview Questions
- Visual Studio Interview Questions
- Vagrant Interview Questions