PeopleSoft CRM Interview Questions And Answers for experienced professionals from Codingcompiler. These PeopleSoft interview questions were asked in various interviews conducted by top multinational companies across the globe. We hope that these interview questions on PeopleSoft will help you in cracking your next job interview. All the best and happy learning.
PeopleSoft CRM Interview Questions
- What is PeopleSoft?
- What does a CRM do?
- What is PeopleSoft CRM?
- What is PeopleSoft software used for?
- What are the statuses available in PeopleSoft Domain Status Menu?
- Why do you think it’s important for an organization to maintain good relations with the customer?
- What do you think is the benefit of cross team collaboration?
- What is the default Crystal Report that PeopleSoft Query tool creates?
- How would you implement row level security in Peoplesoft CRM?
- What is the difference between Translate table and Prompt table?
PeopleSoft CRM Interview Questions and Answers
Q. What is PeopleSoft?
PeopleSoft is an e-business software product line owned by Oracle. PeopleSoft originally offered human resources and finance applications. Over the years, it has added tools and applications for general business processes, such as materials management, and applications for specific industries, such as the automotive, communications and higher-education fields.
PeopleSoft now provides users with an integrated ERP software package that assists in the day-to-day execution of various business operations. PeopleSoft applications are used by human resource departments in large corporations. These applications include human resource management systems (HRMS), customer relationship management (CRM), financials and supply chain management (FSCM) and enterprise performance management (EPM).
Q. What does a CRM do?
Customer relationship management (CRM) is a technology for managing all your company’s relationships and interactions with customers and potential customers. The goal is simple: Improve business relationships. A CRM system helps companies stay connected to customers, streamline processes, and improve profitability.
Q. What is PeopleSoft CRM?
Oracle’s PeopleSoft customer relationship management (CRM) delivers “CRM for You”—solutions that have been tailored to fit your industry business processes, your customer strategies, and your success criteria. PeopleSoft customer relationship management is a family of applications in Oracle’s PeopleSoft product suite.
Q. What is PeopleSoft software used for?
PeopleSoft applications are used by human resource departments in large corporations. These applications include human resource management systems (HRMS), customer relationship management (CRM), financials and supply chain management (FSCM) and enterprise performance management (EPM).
Q. What are the statuses available in PeopleSoft Domain Status Menu?
- Server Status
- Client Status
- Queue Status
Q. Why do you think it’s important for an organization to maintain good relations with the customer?
It is necessary for a very large number of reasons and a few of them are listed below:
1. Good relations with the customer simply make sure of more business transactions
2. Loyal customers always refer business services and products to the others
3. Good relations with existing customers can help saving future money on the advertisement campaigns
4. It’s always easy to sell the services or the products to the existing customers than to add new ones
5. Better customer relations simply make sure of business reputation and enable business represent a fine image of them to others.
6. Profitability can be enhanced up to a very good extent.
Q. What do you think is the benefit of cross team collaboration?
It is basically an approach that simply makes sure that both customers and the organizations can help each other when required. Such a relation is known as cross-team collaboration. It is not necessary always that it exists between a customer and a business only. It can also exist between different organizations and business or even among the different departments of a specific organization.
Q. What is the default Crystal Report that PeopleSoft Query tool creates?
The default Crystal Report that Peoplesoft Query tool creates is
Q. How would you implement row level security in Peoplesoft CRM?
The steps to assign row level security are:
1. Assign desired values of fields (department/ job location/ job company/ business unit etc) to Data Permission Lists
2. Assign these Data Permission Lists to users
If field is ‘Department’:
– Data Permission List is given access to values values of ‘Department’ field defined at various levels in Department Security Tree through: Set Up HRMS -> Security -> Core Row Level Security -> Security by Dept Tree
– Users are directly assigned to Data Permission List in user Profiles component – ‘General’ page – Row Security field. A user can be assigned to only one Data Permission List at a time.
If field is not ‘Department’ but ‘Location’, ‘Business Unit’, ‘Salary Grade’ etc:
– Data Permission Lists are given access to values of these fields through: Set Up HRMS -> Security -> Core Row Level Security -> Security by Permission List
– Users are assigned to Data Permission Lists through roles in user profiles component (Roles page). Multiple such roles can be assigned to users as per requirement.
Frequently Asked PeopleSoft Interview Questions And Answers
Q. What is the difference between Translate table and Prompt table?
A : There are few differences between Translate tables and prompt tables
Translate tables have a max length of 4 char for each element. However, prompt table elements have no such limitation
There can be only 30 entries in a translate table. Whereas prompt table can have n number of entries.
Q. How a Customer Relationship Management software can bring advantages to a business?
A : This software can simply enrich the services and the products with quality. In addition to this, the marketing ROI can be enhanced without a limit. Reliable reporting is important in all the business as it simply makes sure to accomplish and support a diverse array of tasks. This can easily be done through a software for CRM such as the one provided by PeopleSoft. Moreover, the overall retention and customer satisfaction can be boosted in the shortest possible time.
Q. What type of data is generally associated with a CRM project?
A : It can have sale, as well as purchase date, various response to the campaigns, information about accounts, service records, support records, Web registration data, and user’s personal information.
Q. Explain what does PeopleSoft query is used for?
PeopleSoft query is a way to generate ad-hoc and scheduled reports quickly from any source data stored in your PeopleSoft tables. User can build and execute queries using any supported web browsers.
Q. What are the two important components of PeopleSoft integration broker?
The two important components of PeopleSoft integration includes
Integration gateway: It is a platform that regulates the receipt and delivery of service operations passed among systems via PeopleSoft Integration Broker
Integration engine: It is an application server process that routes service operation to and from PeopleSoft application transforms service operation structure and translates data as per the specification.
Q. What is PeopleSoft Multi-Channel framework?
PeopleSoft multi-channel framework provides an integrated infrastructure to support multiple interaction channels for call center agents or other PeopleSoft users who must respond to notifications and incoming requests. PeopleSoft multi-channel framework supports following channels.
- Web collaboration (Chat)
- Voice (Telephone)
- Instant Messaging
Q. IBM How Should Web Application Servers be used with PeopleTools 8.1x and PeopleTools 8.4?
The PeopleSoft Internet Architecture uses a web application server and an HTTP server. PeopleTools 8.12 and above include both BEA WebLogic and Apache with Jserv. With PeopleTools 8.4, both BEA WebLogic and IBMWebSphere are bundled. Apache with Jserv is no longer a supported web application server combination. Customers can choose which web application server to run during installation time.
In a mixed PeopleTools 8.1x and 8.4 environments, each PeopleTools installation should have their own chain of web application server and application server, PeopleSoft Proprietary and Confidential Page 5and these can be on the same machine. For example, a PeopleTools 8.1xinstallation using Apache and Jserv could reside on the same machine as a PeopleTools 8.4 installation using IBM WebSphere. Care should be taken to ensure that unique port numbers are assigned to each server chain.
Q. What do you think about the support of web server load balancing in PeopleSoft CRM?
A : It is important here to note that the customers can always set up the clusters of the BEA Weblogic page. They can also set up the cluster of the IBM WebSphere servers so that the web server can always facilitate load balancing. In these kinds of situations, if the server is down, then the request is automatically routed to another server. This process is very helpful in making sure that the information availability is always at an all-time high.
Q. Where the WorkItem is available?
Q.What BEA product is used for DB transaction in PS?
Q. Where is workflow work items found?
Advanced PeopleSoft Interview Questions and Answers
Q. Which process is used for running AE programs, which are to be run at a frequency of less than a day?
Q. What event is fired after DB Update?
Save Post Change
Q. Which RDBMS uses Tablespace?
Oracle, DB2, Other Options: SQL Server, Informix, Sybase
Q. What are Menu types available?
Q. How do your login into BS mode?
Ans.DB Access Id
Q. What is the output when Query is split?
Ans.Component and Query view
Q. Importing Data into PeopleSoft CRM
Here is an overview of the Data Import Application Engine (AE) process (RBIMPORT) and discusses how to:
- Set up data import global settings.
- Define data import templates.
- Edit matching SQL.
- Run the Data Import process.
- View the Data Import process status.
- Run the Basics Data AE process.
Q. What are the prerequisites to import data into PeopleSoft CRM?
Before you import data into PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (PeopleSoft CRM), ensure that:
- The input file is sorted in key field order. For example, when you import multiple contacts to the same company, you must sort the input file on the Company field. This prevents duplicate BO_IDs from being assigned to the same company when all the matching criteria you specified are not met.
- The PeopleSoft super user ID has CREATE TABLE privileges for dynamic table creates.
- You define the FTP server so that it can store import file attachments.
- To do this, modify the RB_IMP_ATTACH URL identifier by using the URLs – URL Maintenance page in PeopleTools.
- You define data import global settings.
Q. Is Oracle the same as PeopleSoft?
Ans. The PeopleSoft name and product line are now marketed by Oracle. PeopleSoft Financial Management Solutions (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) are part of the same package, commonly known as Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM).
Q. Is PeopleSoft an application?
Oracle’s PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Core Java Interview Questions
- JSF Interview Questions
- JSP Interview Questions
- JPA Interview Questions
- Spring Framework Interview Questions
- Spring Boot Interview Questions
- Core Java Multiple Choice Questions
- 60 Java MCQ Questions And Answers
- Aricent Java Interview Questions
- Accenture Java Interview Questions
- Advanced Java Interview Questions For 5 8 10 Years Experienced
- Core Java Interview Questions For Experienced
- GIT Interview Questions And Answers
- Network Security Interview Questions
- CheckPoint Interview Questions
- Page Object Model Interview Questions
- Apache Pig Interview Questions
- Python Interview Questions And Answers
- Peoplesoft Integration Broker Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft Application Engine Interview Questions