Page Object Model Interview Questions And Answers for experienced. Here Coding compiler sharing a list of 12 interview questions on Page Object Model (POM). These POM questions and answers were asked in various Selenium interviews. This list will help you to crack your next Selenium job interview. All the best for future and happy learning.
Page Object Model Interview Questions
- What is a page object model?
- What is a page object model in selenium?
- Is Page object model a framework?
- What is the Page Factory Class?
- What is Page Factory?
- What is the difference between Page Object Model (POM) and Page Factory?
- What is Test Class?
- What is Page Action Class?
- What is Page Factory Class?
- Can you write sample code for Page Factory Class?
- Can you write sample code for Page Action Class?
- What are the advantages of using page object pattern?
Page Object Model Interview Questions Answers
1) What is a page object model?
A) Page Object Model is a design pattern which has become popular in test automation for enhancing test maintenance and reducing code duplication. A page object is an object-oriented class that serves as an interface to a page of your AUT.
2) What is a page object model in selenium?
A) Page Object Model in Selenium. Page Object model is an object design pattern in Selenium, where web pages are represented as classes, and the various elements on the page are defined as variables on the class.
3) Is Page object model a framework?
A) Page Object Model is a Design Pattern which has become popular in Selenium Test Automation. Page object model (POM) can be used in any kind of framework such as modular, data-driven, keyword driven, hybrid framework etc.
4) What is the Page Factory Class?
A) The Page Factory Class is an extension to the Page Object design pattern. It is used to initialize the elements of the Page Object or instantiate the Page Objects itself. Annotations for elements can also be created (and recommended) as the describing properties may not always be descriptive enough to tell one object from the other.
5) What is Page Factory?
A) Page Factory is an inbuilt page object model concept for Selenium Web Driver, but it is much optimized. Page Factory can be used in any kind of framework such as Data Driven, Modular or Keyword Driven. Page Factory gives more focus on how the code is being structured to get the best benefit out of it.
6) What is the difference between Page Object Model (POM) and Page Factory?
A) Page Object is a class that represents a web page and hold the functionality and members.
Page Factory is a way to initialize the web elements you want to interact with within the page object when you create an instance of it.
7) What is Test Class?
A) Test Class – In Test Class, we will write an actual selenium test script. Here, we call Page Action and mentioned actions to be
performed on Web Pages. For each page, we can write our own test class for better code readability. We can write test cases in @Test annotation.
8) What is Page Action Class?
A) Page Action Class – In Page Action Class, we can write all web pages action as per the pages and functionality. Under Page Action component, for each page in the application, we have corresponding Page class.
9) What is Page Factory Class?
A) Page Factory class is nothing but Object Repository in other term. For each web page, it has its own Page Object definitions. Each web element should uniquely get identified and should be defined at class level. We will use Find By annotation and will define web element so that we will be able to perform actions on them.
10) Can you write sample code for Page Factory Class?
A) Page Factory Class
11) Can you write sample code for Page Action Class?
A) Page Action Class
PageObjects_Loginpo; // Create Instance to Page Factory
this.driver = driver; // set webDriver for current Page
12) What are the advantages of using page object pattern?
A) ADVANTAGES OF USING PAGE OBJECT PATTERN
Easy to maintain.
Easy readability of scripts – since the test scripts, functions and locators are in different classes it is easy to walk through the code.
Eliminate redundancy – no duplicity of functions or locators.
Re-usability of code – a locator or function can be reused in the tests.
Test coverage is more since the tests are written program wise.
Performance of each test can be known.
The changes is to be made only in Page Factory class if any locator changes – no need to
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Apache Pig Interview Questions
- Python Interview Questions And Answers
- Peoplesoft Integration Broker Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft Application Engine Interview Questions
- RSA enVision Interview Questions
- RSA SecurID Interview Questions
- Archer GRC Interview Questions
- RSA Archer Interview Questions
- Blockchain Interview Questions
- Commvault Interview Questions
- Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions
- ZooKeeper Interview Questions
- Apache Kafka Interview Questions
- Couchbase Interview Questions
- IBM Bluemix Interview Questions
- Cloud Foundry Interview Questions
- Maven Interview Questions
- VirtualBox Interview Questions
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Logstash Interview Questions
- Elasticsearch Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- JBehave Interview Questions
- Openshift Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Demandware Interview Questions
- Visual Studio Interview Questions