Couchbase Interview Questions And Answers 2018. Here Coding compiler sharing a list of 25 interview questions on Couchbase. These Couchbase questions were asked in various Couchbase interviews by top MNC companies and prepared by Couchbase experts. This list of Couchbase server interview questions will help you to crack your next Couchbase job interview. All the best for your future and happy learning.
Couchbase Interview Questions
- What is Couchbase Server?
- Couchbase node consists of which elements?
- What is Cluster manager in Couchbase?
- Cluster manager uses which programming language?
- What are Replication and fail-over?
- What is Data manager in Couchbase?
- What is Data format in Couchbase?
- What is Object-managed cache in Couchbase server?
- What is Storage engine in Couchbase server?
- What is N1QL?
Couchbase Interview Questions And Answer
1) What is Couchbase Server?
A) Couchbase Server, originally known as Membase, is an open-source, distributed multi-model NoSQL document-oriented database software package that is optimized for interactive applications.
2) Couchbase node consists of which elements?
A) Every Couchbase node consists of a data service, index service, query service, and cluster manager component.
3) What is Cluster manager in Couchbase?
A) The cluster manager supervises the configuration and behavior of all the servers in a Couchbase cluster. It configures and supervises inter-node behavior like managing replication streams and re-balancing operations. It also provides metric aggregation and consensus functions for the cluster, and a RESTful cluster management interface.
4) Cluster manager uses which programming language?
A) The cluster manager uses the Erlang programming language and the Open Telecom Platform.
5) Replication and fail-over?
A) Data replication within the nodes of a cluster can be controlled with several parameters. Support was added for replication between different data centers.
6) What is Data manager in Couchbase?
A) The data manager stores and retries documents in response to data operations from applications. It asynchronously writes data to disk after acknowledging to the client. Applications can optionally ensure data is written to more than one server or to disk before acknowledging a write to the client.
7) What is Data format in Couchbase?
A) A document is the most basic unit of data manipulation in Couchbase Server. Documents are stored in JSON document format with no predefined schemas.
8) What is Object-managed cache in Couchbase server?
A) Couchbase Server includes a built-in multi-threaded object-managed cache that implements memcached compatible APIs such as get, set, delete, append, prepend etc.
9) What is Storage engine in Couchbase server?
A) Couchbase Server has a tail-append storage design that is immune to data corruption, OOM killers or sudden loss of power. Data is written to the data file in an append-only manner, which enables Couchbase to do mostly sequential writes for update, and provide an optimized access patterns for disk I/O.
10) What is N1QL?
A) A query language called the non-first normal form query language, N1QL, is used for manipulating the JSON data in Couchbase. It has SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, MERGE statements to operate on JSON data.
Couchbase Server Interview Questions
11) Why do we use Couchbase server?
A) Couchbase is designed for consistency and control, they lack agility, flexibility, and scalability. To execute multiple use cases, organizations are forced to deploy multiple types of databases
12) What are the benefits of using Couchbase?
A) It exposes a fast key-value store with managed cache for sub-millisecond data operations, purpose-built indexers for fast queries and a powerful query engine for executing SQL-like queries. For mobile and Internet of Things, environments Couchbase also runs natively on-device and manages synchronization to the server.
13) What is Full-text Search?
A) Built-in full-text search makes it simple for developers to add intelligence to apps. Full text indexes are automatically managed within the Couchbase cluster, avoiding the time delay, overhead, and complexity of managing a separate full-text search product and infrastructure.
14) What is Analytics in Couchbase?
A) Couchbase Analytics provides powerful parallel query processing. Designed to efficiently execute complex, long-running queries that contain complex joins, set, aggregation, and grouping operations.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 15) Explain about the core Database Engine in Couchbase?
A) The core database engine provides the fundamental capabilities for document management and indexing. Based on a memory-first, async everywhere architecture, this includes core capabilities of the database engine, like caching, data persistence, and inter-node replication.
Couchbase Server Interview Questions And Answers
Couchbase Interview Questions # 16) How Can Couchbase be integrated with Big Data and SQL?
A) Couchbase Data Platform includes built-in Big Data and SQL integration, allowing you to leverage tools, processing capacity, and data wherever it may reside.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 17) How Container and Cloud Deployments in Couchbase?
A) Couchbase supports all cloud platforms, as well as a variety of container and virtualization technologies to enable operational excellence.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 18) What are the different Couchbase Server Editions?
A) Couchbase Server is available in several editions: enterprise, community, and open source.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 19) What is cbq tool?
A) N1QL queries can be run from the command line, using the cbq tool.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 20) What are the different parts in the basic N1QL query?
A) A basic N1QL query has the following parts:
SELECT — The fields of each document to return.
FROM — The data bucket in which to look.
WHERE — The conditions that the document must satisfy.
Advanced Couchbase Interview Questions
Couchbase Interview Questions # 21) What is Query Workbench?
A) The Couchbase Web Console provides a Query Workbench, at which you can compose and execute N1QL queries.
Couchbase Interview Questions # 22) Can you explain about Role-Based Access Control Authentication?
A) Role-Based Access Control. This ensures that cluster-resources can only be accessed by users with appropriate privileges. Privileges are grouped in Couchbase-defined sets; and each set is associated with a specific role. Users can each be assigned one or more roles, and are thereby granted the privileges associated with each role.
23) What is Document?
A) A document refers to an entry in the database (other databases may refer to the same concept as a row). A document has an ID (primary key in other databases), which is unique to the document and by which it can be located.
The document value contains the actual application data; for example, a product document may contain information about the price and description. Documents are usually ( but not always) stored as JSON on the server. Because JSON is a structured format, it can be subsequently searched and queried.
“msrp”: [5.49, “USD”],
“tags”: [“server”, “database”, “couchbase”, “nosql”, “fast”, “json”, “awesome”]
24) What are Data structures in Couchbase?
Set is a wrapper over a list which provides the ability to handle unique values.
25) What is Cross Datacenter Replication (XDCR)?
A) Cross Datacenter Replication (XDCR) provides an easy way to replicate data from one cluster to another.
XDCR involves replicating active data to N+1 Couchbase Server clusters or external applications (e.g. Elastic, Spark, Storm, etc.). The clusters are regularly used for multiple, geographically diverse datacenters either for disaster recovery or to bring data closer to users for faster data access. For Couchbase clusters, this replication can be set up to be bi-directional or multi-directional. Source – Couchbase Documentation
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- IBM Bluemix Interview Questions
- Cloud Foundry Interview Questions
- Maven Interview Questions
- VirtualBox Interview Questions
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Logstash Interview Questions
- Elasticsearch Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- JBehave Interview Questions
- Openshift Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Demandware Interview Questions
- Visual Studio Interview Questions
- Vagrant Interview Questions
- 60 Java Multiple Choice Questions
- 40 Core Java MCQ Questions
- Anaplan Interview Questions And Answers
- Tableau Multiple Choice Questions
- Python Coding Interview Questions
- CSS3 Interview Questions
- Linux Administrator Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
- Hibernate Interview Questions
- Android Interview Questions
- Mulesoft Interview Questions