30 RPA Interview Questions And Answers 2020. Here Coding compiler sharing a list of 30 Real-Time Robotic Process Automation Interview Questions with Answers. These RPA questions will help you to crack your next RPA job interview. All the best for your future and Happy learning.
RPA Interview Questions
- What Is Robotic Process Automation(RPA)?
- Explain The Characteristics Of RPA?
- What Are The Benefits Of RPA?
- What are the advantages of Robotic Process Automation?
- What are the Popular RPA Vendors?
- Explain About RPA Worldwide Implementation?
- What are the important Phases of RPA Life Cycle?
- What are Limitations of Robotic Process Automation?
- How to Select an RPA Tool?
- What are the challenges did you face in your project while implementing Robotic Process Automation?
RPA Interview Questions And Answers
RPA Interview Questions 1) What Is Robotic Process Automation(RPA)?
Answer) Robotic automation refers to a style of automation where a machine, or computer, mimics a human’s action in completing rules-based tasks.
RPA Interview Questions 2) Explain The Characteristics Of RPA?
RPA doesn’t require programming skills. Employees with any subject expertise can be trained to automate RPA tools instantly. The whole work revolves around RPA chart which provides a flowchart designer to graphically link, drag and drop icons to represent steps in a process.
RPA adoption originates within business operations rather inside IT departments. RPA projects require less IT skills and less investment. Eventually, the automation is lowered at a substantial rate.
RPA avoids complexity and risk. The software robots access to end users systems via a controlled user interface, hence reducing the necessity of underlying systems programming.
Related Article: Benefits of Robotic Process Automation
Latest RPA Interview Questions
RPA Interview Questions 3) What Are The Benefits Of RPA?
Answer) Wide-Range Automation:
RPA speeds up and executes perfect accuracy across different fields viz. banking, healthcare, insurance, telecom, communications, etc. Virtually complex programs are automated on a wide-range by improving the transaction process.
RPA will increase productivity across varied industries. One Software robot is efficient of accomplishing the work of approximately 3 employees. This innovation builds positive ROI much faster than expected. Moreover, cost productions might reach 20% in time.
RPA is highly flexible and scalable with reduced time of induction. Robots perform massive complex operations in parallel, starting from desktop to cloud environments. All this operation is carried out, by allowing multiple users to monitor and control robots from various business units through a single secure device.
Gathering agile and exhaustive data enable better management and insights into forever growing business enhancements. Improved governance is achieved through a prescribed set of automation tools.
Implementing RPA within an enterprise has shown a drastic reduction in overall costs when compared to traditional non-RPA methods.
RPA Interview Questions 4) What are the advantages of Robotic Process Automation?
Answer) Advantages of RPA are:
As bots are dealing with the execution here, a greater measure of work can be done in a relatively much shorter period. A faster delivery, coupled with accuracy.
It is a safe, non-invasive technology that doesn’t interfere with the inherent systems and provides impeccable consistency in performing the activities across the board, each and every time.
It has been projected that using robotics cuts operational costs, Robots can operate 24*7 and take no leave when compared to humans.
Increased Customer Satisfaction:
Providing better quality of work with optimum accuracy and improved customer/client interaction leads to increased customer and client satisfaction.
Accuracy & Quality:
RPA offers better services to processes that have a high probability of human error, thereby increasing accuracy. Robots are reliable, consistent and do not whine when expected to work tirelessly.
Having access to error-free, perfect data from various sources would improve the quality of analytics in the process.
Related Article: RPA Case Study – Customer Service & Support
RPA Interview Questions 5) What Are The Popular RPA Tools & Vendors?
Answer) Popular RPA Tools & Vendors are:
- Automation Anywhere
- Blue Prism
- NICE Actimize
Top Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Interview Questions
RPA Interview Questions 6) Explain About RPA Worldwide Implementation?
Answer) RPA is constantly leveraging in the market worldwide. It is already being implemented by broad-range of industries. Enterprises now enjoy the freedom of optimizing costs and going up freeing their resources. This ultimately leads to new business visions in crowded marketplaces.
RPA Interview Questions 7) What are the important Phases of RPA Life Cycle?
Answer) Phases of RPA Life Cycle:
The first phase in RPA begins with analysis. Business team and RPA Architect work together to understand a business process for RPA development.
RPA developer (Team) starts working on the requirement in their environment possibly a distinct development environment.
Some companies conduct Testing by Separate Testing Team, while some have a dedicated testing team which performs a dedicated QA like normal SDLC flow. Best Practice is to have a dedicated testing team which performs QA of the developed bot.
Deployment and Maintenance:
After the Development and Testing phases, a bot is ready for distribution and enters maintenance phase.
Related Article: RPA Case Study – Data Migration & Management
RPA Interview Questions 8) What is the difference between thin client and thick client?
It is any application that we cannot get the quality properties while spying using any RPA tools.
e.g. Any virtual environment
It is any application that we get pretty handful of attribute features using RPA tools
e.g. calculator, Internet explorer
RPA Interview Questions 9) What are Limitations of Robotic Process Automation?
Answer) Limitations of RPA are:
RPA surely improves company efficiency by powering repetitive human effort, but there are limitations to the types of work that it can be applied to – especially ones that require judgment.
RPA is not a cognitive computing solution. It cannot learn from experience and therefore has a ‘shelf life’.
Implementing RPA to a broken and incompetent process will not fix it. RPA is not a Business Process Management solution and does not bring an end-to-end process view.
Enterprises need to be aware of various inputs coming from multiple sources. It cannot read any data that is non-electronic with unstructured inputs.
RPA Interview Questions 10) How to Select an RPA Tool?
Answer) By considering several factors we select a RPA Tool for Businness Process Automation,
First and foremost is the technology in which RPA tool has been built, like Microsoft, .NET, IBM Mainframe, Java, web etc. The tool has to be platform independent, considering many of the organizations perform their day to day tasks outside the local desktop using Citrix or Virtual machines etc. So the automation solution should be able to support any application and platform.
Next most important feature is the RPA tool’s user interface. A complex user interface will delay the process of implementation and increase the learning curve and adaptability. A more user-friendly interface like drag and drop, auto capture, image recognition etc. would be better.
It is important to know how effectively and easily the robots can be managed considering these robots are going to be replacing your human workforce. There should be a high level of visibility and control in terms of process monitoring, process change, development, re-use etc.
Security is one of the most important factors to be considered. How safe are the robots when compared to the humans? After all robots/RPA tools are also a piece of software, so how much more security controls can be implemented, test the code rigidly and lock it up, the better.
Related Article: RPA Use Case in IT And Infrastructure
Top RPA Interview Questions And Answers
RPA Interview Questions 11) What are the important Phases of RPA Life Cycle?
Answer) Phases of RPA Life Cycle:
The life cycle in RPA begins with analysis phase. Business team and RPA Architect work together to identify a business process for RPA development.
RPA developer(Team) starts working on the requirement in their environment possibly a separate development environment.
There are two approaches on which testing is being carried out.
Some organizations conduct Testing by Separate Testing Team, While other few have a dedicated testing team which performs a dedicated QA like normal SDLC flow.
Best Practice is to have a dedicated testing team which performs QA of the developed bot.
Deployment and Maintenance
After the Development and Testing closure, a bot is ready for deployment and enters maintenance phase.
RPA Interview Questions 12) What Is Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation?
Answer) Robotic Automation refers to process Automation’s where computer software drives existing enterprise application software in the same way that a user does.
Automation is a tool or platform that operates other application software through the existing application user interface.
RPA Interview Questions 13) Is Robotic Automation Like Screen Scraping Or Macros?
Answer) No, clerical Robotic Automation is a generation on from old technologies like screen scraping or macros.
The major differences are:
Robots are universal application orchestrators – any application that can be used by a person can be used by a modern robot, whether mainframe, legacy, bespoke application, web service enabled or even a closed 3rd party API hosted service.
Robots collect procedural knowledge which over time build into a shared library that can be re-used by any other robot or device (in the same way objects are built in traditional SW engineering).
Applications are “read” by the robot, either through dedicated APIs where they exist, through the OS prior to application display, or through the screen in the context of the native application.
In this last case the modern robot “reads” an application screen in context and in the same way a user does. As part of the robot training, it is shown how to read the application’s display much like a user is shown.
Related Article: Robotic Process Automation in Human Resources
Best RPA Interview Questions And Answers
RPA Interview Questions 14) How to implement Robotic Process Automation?
Answer) There are mainly 6 steps to be followed for a successful RPA implementation.
- Identify the Automation Opportunities
- Optimize the Identified Processes
- Build a Business Case
- RPA Vendor Selection
- Pilot RPA Development
- Ramp up and Continue Building Expertise RPA bots.
RPA Interview Questions 15) Is Blue Prism An Rpa Tool?
Answer) Yes, Blue Prism is an RPA Tool.
RPA Interview Questions 16) What Systems Can Blue Prism Robotically Integrate?
Answer) Blue Prism has incorporated many years of experience of integration and numerous technologies into its software. The technologies used are secure, reliable and robust.
Instead of creating new adaptors for each unique application we have developed technology adaptors for all the technologies employed at the presentation layer, Java, Windows, Web, Green Screen/Mainframe and even Citrix.
This coupled with a wide range of dedicated tools that have been developed means that we are confident in being able to link any system with the click of a button. This proven application orchestration capability ensures that new processes can be rapidly designed, built and tested without any impact on existing systems.
RPA Interview Questions 17) Explain about RPA Testing?
Answer) At a broader level, RPA testing can be grouped into 2 categories.
First one is testing the business processes automated through RPA and the second one is testing the instructions passed on to Robots to execute user actions.
Business Process Testing
This is nothing but the conventional testing done for any application. The end to end business process automated by the RPA tool has to be validated here.
If we have to test the RPA use case, a scenario would be to test if Robot is able to get the file from the server, read the data from the application, compare these two data sources, identify any conflicts and send an email notification to respective owner. All combinations of data are to be validated like it is done for any other application.
There are multiple aspects when testing Robots. The first one is the interpretation of the models by Robots. It is very important that the Robots are able to interpret the instructions given through the models correctly and able to perform actions on the UI accordingly. This need not be tested regularly but when the model is designed/modified or before a Robot is put into use.
Related Article: RPA Case Study – Digital Online Initiatives
RPA Interview Questions 18) What Hardware Infrastructure Do I Need To Run Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation Platform?
Answer) Blue Prism has been designed for flexibility and to meet the most robust IT standards for IT operational integrity, security, and supportability.
The software can be deployed either as a front office or back office process, running quite happily on a standard desktop in the front office or on any scale of systems for back-office processing.
RPA Interview Questions 19) What Is Process Studio?
Answer) A Blue Prism Process is created as a diagram that looks much like a common business flow diagram.
Processes are created in an area of Blue Prism named Process Studio which, as we will see, looks similar to other process modeling applications (such MS Visio) and uses standard flow diagram symbols and notation.
RPA Interview Questions 20) Is Blue Prism’s Robotic Automation Platform Secure And Auditable?
- Security and auditability are built into the Blue Prism robotic automation platform at several levels. The runtime environment is completely separate to the process editing environment.
- Permissions to design, create, edit and run processes and business objects are specific to each authorized user.
- A full audit trail of changes to any process is kept, and comparisons of the before and after effect of changes are provided.
- The log created at run-time for each process provides a detailed, time-stamped history of every action and decision taken within an automated process.
- Our clients tend to find that running a process with Blue Prism gives them a lot more control than a manual process, and from a compliance point of view assures that processes are run consistently, in line with the process definition.
RPA Interview Questions And Answers For Experienced
RPA Interview Questions 21) How Do I Get Started On Delivering Processes Using Blue Prism?
Answer) Blue Prism recommends a phased approach to getting started as the Operational Agility framework is eminently scalable. It is typical to target the configuration of between 1 and 10 processes initially with a rolling program of processes being introduced once the framework is established.
RPA Interview Questions 22) What Support Do I Need From Blue Prism Professional Services?
Answers) It really depends on the skills you already have in-house and the way you wish to work. Blue Prism can provide a full range of services from basic training, support and mentoring with a view to quickly getting your team independently delivering ongoing automation, right through to a full turnkey package where we will take responsibility for delivering business benefit within agreed service levels.
Related Article: RPA Case Study – Back Office Administration
RPA Interview Questions 23) Why Blue Prism?
- Automation process can be designed within IT Governance
- Supports both internal and external Encryption/Decryption Keys
- Provides Audit Logs enabling
- High-level Robustness because of .NET customized code within the process automation (Tool is capable of doing all the activities whatever can be done using .NET)
RPA Interview Questions 24) How Long Does It Take In Developing Automated System?
Answer) The basic knowledge required to begin creating automated processes. The project for the initial Operational Agility framework creation. During this time the trainees are delivering automated processes into the production environment therefore generating business benefit.
RPA Interview Questions 25) How Much Does Robotic Automation Cost?
Answer) A “fully loaded” office robot is approximately a 1/3rd the cost of globally sourced agents. The flexibility and ease of deployment mean that this comparison is easy to maintain and judge the nested approach to a given task.
Advanced RPA Interview Questions And Answers
RPA Interview Questions 26) What Is The Difference Between Thin Client And Thick Client?
- Thin client is any application that we cannot get the attribute properties while spying using any RPA tools. For eg , Citrix or any virtual environment.
- And thick client is any application that we get pretty handful of attribute properties using RPA tools eg calculator, Internet explorer
- To gain in-depth knowledge and be on par with practical experience, then explore RPA Training Course.
Related Article: Blue Prism Interview Questions
RPA Interview Questions 27) Does Blue Prism Require Coding?
- Blue Prism’s digital workforce is built, managed and owned by the user or customer, spanning operations and technology, adhering to an enterprise-wide robotic operating model.
- It is code-free and can automate any software.
- The digital workforce can be applied to automate processes in any department where clerical or administrative work is performed across an organization.
RPA Interview Questions 28) What Are The Differences Between Blue Prism And Uipath?
Answer) UiPath and Blue Prism both the tools have their respective software/Studio and they are very good. UI and BP both have visual process designers for developing the solutions.
Differences between Blue Prism and UiPath
In terms of programming languages
- Blue Prism Uses C# for coding
- UiPath uses VB for coding
In terms of Control Room/Dashboard
- UiPath control room – The Orchestrator – is web-based, you can access it from the browser or mobile.
- BP have client based servers, accessible only through their apps.
In terms of cost and uses
- Lower cost of development
- Easier to learn and operate
- You can learn by your self
- Study materials are easily available on internet
- Good for mass scale deployment of large number of robots
- Higher cost of acquiring and using BP
- Limited training available as the only source of training is BP
- Training cost of Blue Prism is too high
Related Article: Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
RPA Interview Questions 29) Explain The Typical Uses Of RPA?
- Double-data entry – user rekeying of data and data entry is made easy from one system to another.
- Application migration – migrates application data and records as part of an upgrade.
- Automation of reports – automates data to provide accurate reports.
- Rule-based decision making – RPA can handle decision matrices efficiently and arrive at simple rule-based decisions accurately.
- Well-defined Processing – Automatically enters inputs from source systems into target systems.
RPA Interview Questions 30) What Are The Advantages Of Using RPA?
By using RPA:
- Revenue is expanded.
- More product is made available on the Internet.
- Promote Self-Service options.
- Present information regarding an issue automatically.
- Efficiency is increased.
Best Robotic Process Automation Books 2020
- Learning Robotic Process Automation
- Introduction to Robotic Process Automation: a Primer
- Robotic Process Automation Tools, Process Automation and their benefits: Understanding RPA and Intelligent Automation
- Robotic Process Automation: Guide To Building Software Robots, Automate Repetitive Tasks & Become An RPA Consultant
- The Simple Implementation Guide to Robotic Process Automation (Rpa): How to Best Implement Rpa in an Organization
- ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION (RPA) – A JOB MARKET REPORT – 2020
- ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION – UNITED STATES – JOB MARKET – A REPORT
RPA Tutorials For Beginners
Robotic Process Automation Case Studies
- RPA Case Study – Customer Service & Support
- RPA Case Study – Data Migration & Management
- RPA Use Case in IT And Infrastructure
- Robotic Process Automation in Human Resources
- RPA Case Study – Digital Online Initiatives
- RPA Case Study – Back Office Administration
RPA Tools Interview Questions
Want to learn Robotic Process Automation from industry experts?