Top 15 Kibana Interview Questions And Answers For Experienced 2018. Here coding compiler presenting a list of 15 Elasticsearch Kibana interview questions with answers. These interview questions on Kibana ELK will help you to crack your next Kibana job interview. All the very best and happy learning.
Kibana Interview Questions
- What is kibana?
- What is Kibana used for?
- What is Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana?
- What is the Filebeat?
- What is the elastic stack?
- What are the main components on Kibana interface?
- What is Kibana Discover interface?
- What is Kibana Visualize interface?
- What is Kibana Dashboard?
- How to create Kibana Dashboard?
- What are Kibana Settings?
- Is Elasticsearch a Nosql DB?
- What is Kibana Docker Image?
- What is Kibana Port?
- What is kibana.yml?
Kibana Interview Questions And Answers
Kibana Interview Questions # 1) What is kibana?
A) Kibana is an open source data visualization plugin for Elasticsearch. It provides visualization capabilities on top of the content indexed on an Elasticsearch cluster.
Kibana Interview Questions # 2) What is Kibana used for?
A) Logstash is an open source tool for collecting, parsing, and storing logs for future use. Kibana 3 is a web interface that can be used to search and view the logs that Logstash has indexed. Both of these tools are based on Elasticsearch. Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana, when used together is known as an ELK stack.
Kibana Interview Questions # 3) What is Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana?
A) The ELK stack consists of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana. Although they’ve all been built to work exceptionally well together, each one is a separate project that is driven by the open-source vendor Elastic—which itself began as an enterprise search platform vendor.
Kibana Interview Questions # 4) What is the Filebeat?
A) Filebeat is a log data shipper for local files. Installed as an agent on your servers, Filebeat monitors the log directories or specific log files, tails the files, and forwards them either to Elasticsearch or Logstash for indexing.
Kibana Interview Questions # 5) What is the elastic stack?
A) Elastic Stack is a group of open source products from Elastic designed to help users take data from any type of source and in any format and search, analyze, and visualize that data in real time.
Kibana Interview Questions # 6) What are the main components on Kibana interface?
A) The Kibana interface is divided into four main sections:
Kibana Interview Questions # 7) What is Kibana Discover interface?
A) When you first connect to Kibana 4, you will be taken to the Discover page. By default, this page will display all of your ELK stack’s most recently received logs.
Kibana Interview Questions # 8) What is Kibana Visualize interface?
A) The Kibana Visualize page is where you can create, modify, and view your own custom visualizations. There are several different types of visualizations, ranging from Vertical bar and Pie charts to Tile maps (for displaying data on a map) and Data tables.
Kibana Interview Questions # 9) What is Kibana Dashboard?
A) The Kibana Dashboard page is where you can create, modify, and view your own custom dashboards. With a dashboard, you can combine multiple visualizations onto a single page, then filter them by providing a search query or by selecting filters by clicking elements in the visualization. Dashboards are useful for when you want to get an overview of your logs, and make correlations among various visualizations and logs.
Kibana Interview Questions # 10) How to create Kibana Dashboard?
A) To create a Kibana dashboard, first, click the Dashboard menu item.
Here is a breakdown of the steps that are being performed:
- Clicked Add Visualization icon
- Added “Log Counts” pie chart and “Nginx: Top 10 client IP” histogram
- Collapsed the Add Visualization menu
- Rearranged and resized the visualizations on the dashboard
- Clicked Save Dashboard icon
- Choose a name for your dashboard before saving it.
Kibana Elasticsearch Interview Questions
Kibana Interview Questions # 11) What are Kibana Settings?
A) The Kibana Settings page lets you change a variety of things like default values or index patterns. In this tutorial, we will keep it simple and focus on the Indices and Objects sections.
Kibana Interview Questions # 12) Is Elasticsearch a Nosql DB?
A) Elasticsearch is a full-text, distributed NoSQL database. In other words, it uses documents rather than schema or tables. It’s a free, open source tool that allows for real-time searching and analyzing of your data.
Kibana Interview Questions # 13) What is Kibana Docker Image?
A) The images are available in two different configurations or “flavors”. The x-pack flavor, which is the default, ships with X-Pack features pre-installed. The oss flavor does not include X-Pack, and contains only open source Kibana.
You can download Kibana docker image at: https://github.com/elastic/kibana-docker
Kibana Interview Questions # 14) What is Kibana Port?
A) The default settings configure Kibana to run on localhost:5601 . To change the host or port number, or connect to Elasticsearch running on a different machine, you’ll need to update your kibana.yml file. You can also enable SSL and set a variety of other options.
Kibana Interview Questions # 15) What is kibana.yml?
A) The Kibana server reads properties from the kibana.yml file on startup. To change the host or port number, or connect to Elasticsearch running on a different machine, you’ll need to update your kibana.yml file. You can also enable SSL and set a variety of other options.
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- DB2 Interview Questions
- AnthillPro Interview Questions
- Angular 2 Interview Questions
- Hibernate Interview Questions
- ASP.NET Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Docker Interview Questions
- CEH Interview Questions
- CyberArk Interview Questions
- Appian Interview Questions
- Drools Interview Questions
- Talend Interview Questions
- Selenium Interview Questions
- Ab Initio Interview Questions
- AB Testing Interview Questions
- Mobile Application Testing Interview Questions
- Pega Interview Questions
- UI Developer Interview Questions
- Tableau Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions
- Reactjs Interview Questions
- UiPath Interview Questions
- Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions
- RPA Blue Prism Interview Questions