Anaplan Interview Questions And Answers. Here Coding compiler sharing a very useful list of 25 Anaplan questions. These real-time Anaplan interview questions will help you to crack your next Anaplan job interview. All the best for your future and happy Anaplan learning.
Anaplan Interview Questions
- What is Anaplan?
- What are your key responsibilities in your current job as an Anaplan consultant?
- What are the features of Anaplan?
- What are the Modeling features of Anaplan?
- How Anaplan handles User Access Control?
- What is COLLABORATIVE WORKFLOW in Anaplan?
- Explain HISTORY AND REVISION CONTROL in Anaplan?
- What is CENTRAL DATA REPOSITORY in Anaplan?
- What is DATA SYNCHRONICITY in Anaplan?
- Explain INTUITIVE MODELING INTERFACE in Anaplan?
- Is Anaplan accessible from Mobile?
- What is the use of DASHBOARDS AND REPORTS in Anaplan?
- Explain AVAILABILITY AND RELIABILITY in Anaplan?
- Explain APPLICATION SECURITY in Anaplan?
- What are the modules supported by Anaplan?
Anaplan Interview Questions And Answers
1) What are your key responsibilities in your current job as an Anaplan consultant?
A) It depends on the job roles and differs company to company, but generally, Anaplan consultants involved in identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations.
2) What is Anaplan?
A) Anaplan is a cloud-based planning and performance management platform with documented use cases in finance, sales, supply chain, marketing, IT and HR.
3) What are the features of Anaplan?
A) Anaplan Platform features:
CLOUD-BASED: Anaplan was built from day one as a cloud platform—combining cutting-edge security, in-memory data management, and massive scalability.
REAL-TIME, SCALABLE MODELING AND CALCULATION ENGINE: RealTimeModeling – By tracking dependencies at the level of the line item, our Hyperblock™ technology enables updates or changes to models of any size, from one to one trillion cells, in real time.
IN-MEMORY PROCESSING: Anaplan’s in-memory engine enables detailed planning models that utilizes all your data down to the transactional level (Product SKU, Stores, Employees, etc.) for better business decisions.
APP HUB: To get you started quickly, a growing collection of apps for common use cases are available in the Anaplan App Hub. Use them as is, modify them to suit your special needs, or start from scratch and create your own.
DATA INTEGRATION: Anaplan offers an API, import/export capabilities, and pre-built connectors for common platforms like Anaplan HyperConnect, Informatica, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, and SnapLogic.
MULTI-DIMENSIONAL PLANNING: Build models to any level of granularity with any number of dimensions—layer in time (daily/weekly/monthly), hierarchies, relationships, and more.
VERSATILITY: Versatility is the ability to model a vast array of processes within your business. The 150+ apps in our App Hub can be applied to vastly different sets of processes, including sales performance optimization, financial budgeting and forecasting, and call center operations. All created by users with clicks, not code.
4) What are the Modeling features of Anaplan?
A) Modeling features of Anaplan:
MASTER REPOSITORY OF BUSINESS RULES (LIVING BLUEPRINT): Using our Living Blueprint technology, all your complex business rules (in natural syntax) are stored and managed in one easy-to-understand worksheet.
MODEL VERSIONS: Anaplan enables users to create new model versions on-the-fly. Quickly replicate models, load with data, and easily track actuals in the same model as plans.
BREAKBACK: With breakback, users can set a target for a formula, and the variables that make up that formula are changed according to the rules specified.
DYNAMIC SCENARIO BUILDING: Anaplan delivers strategic advantage with fast, easy creation of dynamic scenarios with time, version, and list dimensions.
5) How Anaplan handles User Access Control?
A) Anaplan enables flexible role-based security levels for user types. Audit trail, model restore, and selective user access make it possible for analysts to safely and simultaneously collaborate on common models.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 6) What is COLLABORATIVE WORKFLOW in Anaplan?
A) Monitor status and approvals with a collaborative workflow that streamlines top-down target allocation and consolidation of roll-ups from the field. A robust audit trail ensures that changes are easy to track.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 7) Explain HISTORY AND REVISION CONTROL in Anaplan?
A) Anaplan robust audit trail ensures that changes are easy to track and revert. See a history of users and changes and roll back to earlier versions.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 8) What is CENTRAL DATA REPOSITORY in Anaplan?
A) Anaplan delivers a central repository to reconcile various sources of data for clean, reliable hierarchy. Additionally, master data (products, employees, cost centers, etc.) is accessible to analysts around the enterprise.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 9) What is DATA SYNCHRONICITY in Anaplan?
A) Anaplan dynamically synchronizes data across connected plans—automatically aggregating and identifying discrepancies for real-time consistency.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 10) Explain INTUITIVE MODELING INTERFACE in Anaplan?
A) Business users can use familiar business syntax, drag-and-drop hierarchies, and built-in logic for time, versions, and scenarios. With Anaplan, there are no technical barriers between you and business insights. No reliance on IT for business rules adjustments, model creation, or changes. No more scripting or broken cell references.
Anaplan Analyst Interview Questions
Anaplan Interview Questions # 11) Is Anaplan accessible from Mobile?
A) Yes, Anaplan is accessible from any mobile device via a browser so you never have to be disconnected from your data.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 12) What is the use of DASHBOARDS AND REPORTS in Anaplan?
A) Anaplan has a variety of publishing features, including dashboards, charts, PDF generation, and a tightly integrated Excel® plug-in. Share insights with the field, enable management to do their own scenario analysis, and create stunning executive packs.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 13) Explain AVAILABILITY AND RELIABILITY in Anaplan?
A) Anaplan invested heavily to provide the highest levels of availability, reliability, and security. Redundant data centers and rigorous processes for back-up, failover, and disaster recovery comply with or exceed all major industry standards. Anaplan delivers constant uptime so that your business-critical data and plans are safe and accessible at all times.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 14) Explain APPLICATION SECURITY in Anaplan?
A) In addition to secure data centers, Anaplan provides complete application-layer security, including data encryption on-the-wire, secure authentication protocols, and robust access control and authorization for managing user rights. We also use leading security firms to conduct regular penetration testing.
15) What are the modules supported by Anaplan?
A) Anaplan supports following modules:
- Supply chain
Anaplan Interview Questions # 16) What are the features available in Finance module in Anaplan?
A) By connecting financial and operational planning, you can drive valuable business performance more effectively. With Anaplan’s cloud-based platform, corporate objectives align with operating plans that can be adjusted in response to market events—empowering finance to help the business make better decisions by anticipating the future.
- Strategic Planning – Optimizing business models, product lines, and operational capabilities with ease and confidence.
- Budgeting and forecasting – Increase speed and agility by automating the manual process and adopting best practices.
- Operational planning – Take cross-functional decisions to unprecedented levels of operational planning in one platform.
- Financial consolidation and corporate reporting – Experience a faster, more efficient period-end close and report with confidence—without compromising compliance.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 17) What are the features available in Sales module in Anaplan?
A) With Anaplan Sales module, deliver on-time sales plans while increasing compensation, quota, and forecast accuracy.
- Sales Capacity
- Account Segmentation and Scoring
- Territory Planning
- Quota Planning
- Deal Desk
- Sales Forecasting
- Incentive Compensation
18) What are the features available in Anaplan for Supply chain?
A) Anaplan enables users to connect global supply chain network for maximum visibility, efficiency, and collaboration.
Product portfolio management
Sales and operations planning
Strategic policy management
19) What are the features available in Anaplan for workforce?
A) Align people plans to operational goals to support business results with the help of Anaplan for workforce.
- Headcount and Cost Planning
- Workforce Capacity Planning
- Succession Planning
- Compensation and Equity Planning
- Workforce Optimization, including Call Center
- Onboarding Planning
20) What are the features available in Anaplan for Marketing?
A) ANAPLAN FOR Marketing helps in increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your marketing plan, performance, and spend.
- Account Segmentation and Scoring
- Marketing Resource Management
- Marketing Performance Management
- Trade Promotion Planning
- Market Share and Growth Forecasting
Anaplan Interview Questions # 21) What are the features available in Anaplan for IT?
A) ANAPLAN FOR IT drive agile IT planning and project execution across your business.
- Agile Implementation
- ABC Shared Services Allocations
- Agile Planning
- Project Plan Capacity Analysis
- Business Case Management
- Project Planning
- IT Financial Management and Cost Transparency
- Business Management Scorecard
- Facilities Management
Anaplan Interview Questions # 22) Do you know any Anaplan Customers?
A) Yes I know, many major companies using Anaplan, few of them are
Anaplan Interview Questions # 23) What are Anaplan Apps?
A) Anaplan is the only technology in the world that enables business users to easily build sophisticated planning apps with zero coding.
Anaplan enables users to turn the complexity of business operations into powerful, easy-to-use applications for forecasting, planning, modeling, and performance management.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 24) What is Anaplan App Hub?
A) The Anaplan App Hub enables customers and partners to build, share, and deploy cutting-edge apps. The Anaplan community brings together experts from a wide range of business domains, industries, and organizations. You can quickly discover the applications you need, deploy them in one click, and customize them to solve your company’s complex challenges. You can also easily build your own applications on the platform and share them with others.
Anaplan Interview Questions # 25) What are the advantages of Anaplan?
A) The flexibility and scalability of the Anaplan platform means it can serve as a basis for financial, commercial as well as operational planning models. Furthermore, these models can easily be linked and work in seamless integration with one another.
Models can either be built from scratch, or extended and customized based on pre-delivered models – with models existing for topics such as
- Traditional P&L,
- Balance Sheet & Cash Flow planning,
- Financial Consolidation,
- Premium Modeling and Claims Analysis for insurance,
- Sales Forecasting, Territory Planning,
- Quota Management,
- Pricing & Commission Calculation and many others.
These selection of models is constantly being extended. An Anaplan ‘model/app store’ will further accelerate availability. Source: Anaplan Website
26) Here is the list of Anaplan Customers
Top most companies using Anaplan, few of them are:
- Tata Steel
27) What is Anaplan application?
Anaplan is a Web-based enterprise platform for business planning. Anaplan is also the name of the company that created the platform. Anaplan, whose name combines the words “analysis” and “planning,” is known for its in-memory database and calculation engine called HyperBlock.
28) Is Anaplan cloud based?
Anaplan’s product is a cloud computing, multi-tenant data architecture SaaS platform with a patented, in-memory calculation engine (the Hyperblock). … In November 2014 Anaplan announced the launch of the Anaplan App Hub, a community for Anaplan users to build, share, and deploy planning apps.
29) What is anaplan model builder?
Anaplan provides many functions and resources to enable you to quickly build models and start manipulating data. To dive into Modeling, explore Modeling Overview and Good Practice for model building Workspace.
30) What is App?
An App is an Anaplan model that’s pre-configured to fit a specific use case. Think of an app as a template for building models. Apps allow you to benefit from the expertise of seasoned model builders so you’ll experience a significant reduction in implementation time and effort.
31) What are the different types of App?
There are different types of app to choose from:
- Packaged Apps
- Learning Apps
- Fun Apps
32) What is learning apps?
Use the learning apps to further your training and understand more about how Anaplan works. Access detailed examples of formulas and functions and analyze specific examples to see how they can benefit you. We’re adding learning apps all the time so let us know if there’s something you like to see.
33) What is Fun apps?
Fun apps include games and other non-business content that show our apps in a different light. They’re entertaining, and they demonstrate the flexibility of Anaplan. App builders can showcase their mastery of the platform and their creativity – in a fun way! If you want to submit your own fun app, please let us know.
34) What is packaged apps?
A packaged app is really an extension of an accelerator that might also include pre-built roles, actions, connectors and configuration screens. There’s also more detailed documentation so compared to an accelerator, a packaged app is closer to an end-to-end solution, which you can still adjust to suit your business.
35) What are the key features of Anaplan?
- Financial planning:
Leverage unlimited scenario planning to evaluate and compare impact before finalizing strategy.
Cascade plans top-down by key dimensions, and build budgets with bottom-up detail to improve collaboration, reduce iterations, and align plan, budget, and forecast.
- Financial consolidations:
Support multiple entity, account structures, consolidation versions, and currencies. Manage
and reconcile IFRS, U.S. GAAP, and any other GAAP.
Calculate complex sales incentive plans, manage equitable sales territories, and predict future sales results across complex sales hierarchies (e.g., geographies, accounts, customers, etc.) at any level of granularity.
- Supply chain:
Manage your S&OP processes, demand
forecasts, and supply plans on a single platform, utilizing any time dimension—quarterly, monthly, or even daily.
Build scenarios on plans and master data to simulate adding products, changing sources, and new routings.
- Human resources:
Govern the workforce planning process
with policies, budget versioning, role-based access control, and built-in audit trails.
Easily transfer budget across your organizational hierarchy to deploy funds to high-performing campaigns. Utilize a comprehensive campaign hierarchy with roll-up capacity for resources, budget, spend, and results for all marketing activities within the business.
36) Can I access Anaplan from Mobile?
Yes, You can access Anaplan from any mobile via a browser with data connectivity.
37) What is the app hub of Anaplan?
Anaplan is probably one of those few platforms that feature a dedicated app hub. This app hub helps the developers to design versatile apps depending on the need of the clients. These applications are reviewed by the users in the development phase which provides an exciting opportunity to the developers to design applications as per needs. Moreover, the community of Anaplan is quite active in bringing together experts who belong to various fields.
These experts belonging from several domains make the process easy for developers to review the applications. On the other hand, if you are a user, you can quickly determine the application you need and deploy them in a single click. The application hub of Anaplan has been designed in such a manner that a user can also customize the application. It is also a good platform for talented developers as they can easily build an application and share with other experts.
38) List any Anaplan Aggregation Functions
39. List any Anaplan Aggregation Functions
40) Name some of the modules that are supported by Anaplan
It an important thing to note that there are various types of modules that are sponsored by Anaplan. They are supply chain, deals, investment, advertising and IT modules.
41) Explain the amount of availability and reliability Anaplan possess
Anaplan is one of those business centered platforms which in recent years have invested heavily on the modes of availability and reliability. It possesses trustable data centers that are always ready to provide you with necessary backups. It is also one of those platforms which provide your business with a constant uptime feature. In this manner, you can keep your plans and data safe over a longer period of time. Furthermore, its file recovery system complies with all the latest standards which keep it far ahead from its competitors
45) Shed light on the features of the sales module those are supported by Anaplan
There are various types of features in the sales modules that are supported by Anaplan. They are as follows:
- Forecasting of sales
- Capacity of a product to garner profit
- Planning of quotas
- Division of monetary aspects as well as scoring
- Providing incentives and compensation
OTHER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Java Multiple Choice Questions
- Python Coding Interview Questions
- CSS3 Interview Questions
- Linux Administrator Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
- Hibernate Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Android Interview Questions
- Mulesoft Interview Questions
- JSON Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft HRMS Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft Functional Interview Questions
- PeopleTools Interview Questions
- Peoplesoft Technical Interview Questions
- 199 Peoplesoft Interview Questions
- 200 Blue Prism Interview Questions
- Visualforce Interview Questions
- Salesforce Interview Questions
- 300 SSIS Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions And Answers
- Alteryx Interview Questions
- AWS Cloud Support Interview Questions
- Google Kubernetes Engine Interview Questions
- AWS Devops Interview Questions