Top Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions And Answers. Here Coding compiler sharing a list of 30 interview questions on Peoplesoft Admin. These Peoplesoft admin questions were asked in various interviews conducted by top MNC companies and prepared by expert Peoplesoft professionals. All the best for your future and happy learning.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions
- What is PSADMIN in Peoplesoft?
- What elements are there in PSADMIN?
- What does PSADMIN do?
- What are the Analytic Servers?
- Can you give example scenario for Analytic Server?
- PeopleSoft supports which Web Servers?
- Why do we use WebLogic server in PeopleSoft?
- What is Single server definition in Weblogic Server?
- What is Multi server definition in Weblogic Server?
- What is Distributed managed server definition in Weblogic Server?
- What is WebLogic Server Administration Console?
- How can you start WebLogic on Microsoft Windows?
- How do you uninstall the Weblogic server?
- How do you start WebLogic on UNIX?
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions And Answers
|Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions|
|What is PSADMIN?||PSADMIN for managing application server domains.|
|PeopleSoft Supports||Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere web servers.|
|Tuxedo in Peoplesoft||Tuxedo is a transaction based Application Server.|
|User ID and Passwords||Are stored in PSOPRDEFN Table.|
|JVM Heap||Is the amount of memory that a particular JRE gives to the JVM that it creates.|
Peoplesoft Admin Questions And Answers
1) What is PSADMIN in Peoplesoft?
A) You use PSADMIN for managing application server domains, PeopleSoft Process Scheduler domains, integration server processes, search domains, and so on. PSADMIN also enables you to configure and manage the behavior of servers with respect to a wide range of PeopleTools infrastructure elements.
2) What elements are there in PSADMIN?
A) PSADMIN consists of various PeopleTools infrastructure elements, including,
- Tuxedo and Jolt.
- PeopleCode debugging.
- Analytic server framework.
- Transactional SQL requests.
- Performance enhancement.
- PeopleSoft Query.
- Integration Broker.
- Real-time event notification.
- Performance Monitor.
- MultiChannel Framework.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 3) What does PSADMIN do?
A) PSADMIN simplifies the process of configuring and administering all of the server processes and features that are available for PeopleSoft servers. For example, you use PSADMIN to configure application server domains, Process Scheduler servers, PIA domains, and search servers.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 4) How can you launch PSADMIN?
A) By using PS_HOME\appserv\psadmin.exe from the command line, we can launch the PSADMIN.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 5) What are the Analytic Servers?
A) The analytic server framework provided by PeopleSoft is a general server infrastructure designed to meet the needs of PeopleSoft products that process large amounts of data in memory.
It provides a stateful model of client/server connectivity that these products require to be part of the PeopleTools system, by keeping track of configuration settings, transaction information, and other data for a session.
6) Can you give example scenario for Analytic Server?
A) For example, client software could request that an analytic model or optimization model be recalculated in one transaction, then retrieve the results of the calculation on that model at a later time.
A server process handles these requests and maintains the model state and calculated data in memory between the requests. Additional transactions can then modify the model and perform recalculations on it without shuffling all of the data between the client and the server or dumping all the data into a database, thus preserving in-memory performance.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 7) PeopleSoft supports which Web Servers?
A) PeopleSoft supports Oracle WebLogic and IBM WebSphere web servers, which provide the same basic functionality to support PeopleSoft applications, including a console interface, secure sockets layer (SSL), and reverse proxy servers (RPS).
Each web server has its own way of accomplishing its functionality, and each adds its own extra features that you might find useful to your PeopleSoft system. This PeopleBook provides supplemental information about configuring and administering the web servers where it has particular relevance to PeopleSoft.
8) Why do we use WebLogic server in PeopleSoft?
A) We use the Oracle WebLogic Server as a web server in the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture to deploy PeopleSoft applications. The PeopleSoft Internet Architecture installation on the WebLogic Server provides these primary server configuration options.
9) What is Single server definition in Weblogic Server?
A) This domain configuration contains one server named PIA, and the entire PeopleSoft application is deployed to it. This configuration is intended for a single user or very small scale, non-production environments.
10) What is Multi server definition in Weblogic Server?
A) This domain configuration contains seven unique server definitions and a WebLogic cluster, and the PeopleSoft application is split across multiple server instances on a single machine. This configuration is intended for the production environment.
Advanced Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions
11) What is Distributed managed server definition in Weblogic Server?
A) This option is an extension of the “Multi server” selection and installs the necessary files to boot managed servers spread across multiple machines. This option requires a “Multi server” installation to be performed to some other location that contains the configuration for this managed server.
12) What is WebLogic Server Administration Console?
A) The WebLogic Server Administration Console is the main utility that is used to administer and monitor the WebLogic server processes.
The Administration Console provides an interface to monitor and configure aspects of a PeopleSoft application from a web server perspective.
Access the Administration Console by pointing your browser to:
Where the port is the port on which your PeopleSoft Internet Architecture domain is listening.
If it is a multi server installation the Administration Console from the Admin Server is always running on port 9999. For accessing the Administration Console in a multi server installation, the URL is:
Before the Administration Console opens, you will be prompted for the WebLogic administration ID and password that you specified during the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture installation.
13) How can you start WebLogic on Microsoft Windows?
A) On Microsoft Windows, you can start WebLogic using: command prompt and Windows service.
Using the Command Prompt:
Running WebLogic as a foreground process is beneficial if you need to monitor WebLogic in real time. To run WebLogic as a foreground process, enter one of the following commands at the command prompt in PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin.
- Single server – startPIA.cmd Or, you can use the PSADMIN PIA domain menu options.
- Multi server – domain admin server – startWebLogicAdmin.cmd
- Multi server – managed server – startManagedWebLogic.cmd server
For example, startManagedWebLogic.cmd PIA
Using the Windows Service
Benefits of running WebLogic as a Windows service include:
WebLogic can automatically start when the Windows server boots.
You can start and stop the service from a remote Windows machine.
To install the service, open the command prompt, and enter the appropriate command from your PIA_HOME\webserv\domain\bin directory:
Single server – installNTservicePIA.cmd
Multi server – InstallNTservice.cmd weblogic_server_instance_name
For example: installNTservice.cmd PIA
To start WebLogic as a Windows service, you can:
Start the service named WebLogicdomain-servername (for example, peoplesoft-PIA) by using the Services utility in the Windows Control Panel.
Start the service from a command prompt by entering the following command: NET START peoplesoft-PIA
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 14) How do you uninstall the Weblogic server?
A) To uninstall the service, enter the following command:
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 15) How do you start WebLogic on UNIX?
A) To start PeopleSoft on UNIX execute the appropriate script in the WebLogic domain directory that the PeopleSoft install created, as in PIA_HOME/webserv/peoplesoft/bin.
- Single server – startPIA.sh
- Multi server – domain admin server – startWebLogicAdmin.sh
- Multi server – managed server – startManagedWebLogic.sh server
For example, startManagedWebLogic.sh PIA
16) How do you stop WebLogic Using the Command Line?
A) To stop WebLogic using the command line, enter the appropriate command.
- Configuration – Windows – UNIX
- Single server – stopPIA.cmd – stopPIA.sh
- Multi server (WebLogic Admin server) – stopWebLogic.cmd – stopWebLogic.sh
- Multi server (Managed WebLogic server) – stopWebLogic.cmd <ManagedServerName> – StopWebLogic.sh <ManagedServer Name>
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 17) How can you control WebLogic server life cycle?
A) control a WebLogic server’s life cycle primarily using a collection of scripts provided in that server’s WebLogic domain directory.
Each instance of a WebLogic server runs in an isolated Java Runtime Environment (JRE), regardless of whether you’re testing with a single-server configuration or implementing a multi-server configuration for production. All scripts must be launched from the WebLogic domain directory; and provide usage syntax if run with –help.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 18) What is JVM Heap?
A) The JVM heap size is the amount of memory that a particular JRE (Java Runtime Environment) gives to the JVM (Java Virtual Machine) that it creates.
The java.exe command on Windows, java on UNIX and beasvc.exe when running WebLogic as a Windows service is the JRE, and the JVM exists within the JRE’s memory space. The primary sources for monitoring the amount of memory that is in use within a JVM are the Administration Console and the WebLogic logs.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 19) How can you change the JVM Heap Size?
A) If you need to adjust any of the Java options, most commonly the JVM heap size, you must manually edit that WebLogic domain’s local setEnv script. The parameters, -Xms and -Xmx, control the JVM memory minimum and maximum heap size respectively.
20) What is PeopleSoft Configuration Manager?
A) PeopleSoft Configuration Manager is a Microsoft Windows application that simplifies development workstation administration by enabling you to adjust PeopleSoft registry settings from a central location.
You can set up one development workstation to reflect the environment at your site, then export the configuration file, which can be shared among other workstations. You can also define separate profiles for connecting to different PeopleSoft databases.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions For Experienced
21) What are the PeopleSoft configuration parameters?
A) PeopleSoft configuration parameters are grouped on the Configuration Manager pages according to the function, feature, or tool that they control, including:
- Startup settings.
- Display settings.
- Crystal report and Business Interlink settings.
- Trace settings.
- Workflow settings.
- Remote call settings.
- Developer workstations.
- Importing and exporting environment settings.
- Defining configuration profiles.
22) What is the use of PeopleSoft Configuration Manager?
A) PeopleSoft Configuration Manager simplifies Windows workstation administration by enabling you to adjust PeopleSoft registry settings from one central location.
It contains a variety of controls that let you set up Windows workstations running development and administrative applications, such as Application Designer and Data Mover.
You can set up one workstation to reflect the environment at your site, and then export the configuration file, which can be shared among all the workstations at your site.
You can also define separate profiles for connecting to different PeopleSoft databases. PeopleSoft configuration parameters are grouped on the Configuration Manager tabs according to the function, feature, or tool that they control.
23) What are the common Elements in PeopleSoft Configuration Manager?
- OK – Saves your settings and exits PeopleSoft Configuration Manager.
- Cancel – Closes PeopleSoft Configuration Manager without saving any changes that you have made.
- Apply – Saves your changes without exiting.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 24) How can you launch Configuration Manager?
A) At a command prompt, enter:
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 25) What is PeopleSoft Server Process Logs?
A) For each PeopleSoft server process, such as PSAPPSRV, the system writes an individual log file to your specified logs directory.
Depending on the logging level, these log files can contain varying amounts of information. Reviewing these log files regularly can help you to identify potential issues or system trends, and they are a valuable source of information when troubleshooting.
To understand the log information, it is helpful to be able to identify the various log fields that the system writes to an individual line in the log file.
26) Can you give an example of PeopleSoft Server Process Logs?
A typical log file contains these log fields:
[Server Process]:[Operating System Process ID] [Service Request Number] [Timestamp] [Log Level] [Message]
PSAPPSRV.5648 – (993) – [2012-12-12T11:54:23.778] – (3) – Authenticate User not needed. New User Id/Password same as current.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 27) How can you configure PeopleCode Trace?
A) Select PeopleTools, Utilities, Debug, Trace PeopleCode to access the Trace PeopleCode page.
You use this page to change the PeopleCode tracing options while online. This page does not affect trace options that are set in PeopleSoft Configuration Manager.
Use Trace PeopleCode to create a file displaying information about PeopleCode programs processed from the time that you start the trace.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 28) How can you configure SQL Trace?
A) Select PeopleTools, Utilities, Debug, Trace SQL to access the Trace SQL page.
You use this page to change the SQL tracing options while you’re online.
Peoplesoft Admin Interview Questions # 29) What is IDDA Logging?
A) The PeopleSoft Instrumented Development Diagnostic Aid (IDDA) logger, enables you to gather specific information about various areas within the PeopleSoft Internet Architecture and PeopleSoft Interaction Hub.
30) What are PeopleTools Utilities and what it contains?
A) The PeopleTools utilities are a set of various configuration and administration interfaces that serve as a browser-based method of setting numerous system settings.
These utilities, most of which are available through the PeopleTools utility menu, provide the ability to configure, maintain, or launch a wide range of features, including:
- The System Information page.
- The message catalog.
- The spell check dictionary.
- Translate values.
- Application server caching.
- SQR customization.
- Table management and sharing.
- Backward compatibility.
- Remote database connection.
- File attachments.
- Stored URLs.
- Mobile data synchronization (deprecated).
- Update tracking.
- Platform-specific database features.
- Database auditing.
- International settings.
- Optimization utilities.
- PeopleSoft Ping. Source
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- ZooKeeper Interview Questions
- Apache Kafka Interview Questions
- Couchbase Interview Questions
- IBM Bluemix Interview Questions
- Cloud Foundry Interview Questions
- Maven Interview Questions
- VirtualBox Interview Questions
- Laravel Interview Questions
- Logstash Interview Questions
- Elasticsearch Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- JBehave Interview Questions
- Openshift Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Demandware Interview Questions
- Visual Studio Interview Questions
- Vagrant Interview Questions
- 60 Java Multiple Choice Questions
- 40 Core Java MCQ Questions
- Anaplan Interview Questions And Answers
- Tableau Multiple Choice Questions
- Python Coding Interview Questions
- CSS3 Interview Questions
- Linux Administrator Interview Questions