175+ Best Design Tools For UI/UX Designers 2019 from Coding compiler. A comprehensive collection of the best design tools for all purposes like tools for color matching, fonts, illustrations, wireframes, user flows, creating and testing design. You don’t need any other resource to find the tools for your design purposes, bookmark it come back and check the list of tools for your desired activity. We hope that you will enjoy reading this article. Let’s start knowing about best tools for UI/UX designers in 2019.
Best Tools For UI/UX Designers 2019
Accessibility is the practice of creating websites and applications that can be used by all people, including those with visual impairment, motility, hearing, speech, or cognitive functions. Here you will find web accessibility tools, accessibility testing tools and accessibility applications, both for developers and designers.
- ANDI – accessibility testing tool for web content (bookmarklet). It will automatically detect accessibility issues, give suggestions for improving it, and verify compliance with the standards in Section 508 of the WCAG.
- Ax is an accessibility mechanism designed to work in all modern browsers and with any tools, frameworks, libraries, and environments that you use today. This is an automatic availability testing tool for developers.
- ColorBox by Lyft Design is a web application that algorithmically creates available color systems.
- Contraste is an application for checking the availability of text in accordance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Contrast – MacOS application for designers and developers to get quick access to WCAG color contrast ratios.
- Hex Naw – helps you test whole color systems for contrast and availability.
- PA11Y is an accessibility testing tool for identifying problems on your web pages. It runs HTML CodeSniffer from the command line to create reports on accessibility. This is a tool for developers.
- Sim Daltonism is a color blindness simulator for macOS and iOS, which allows you to visualize colors as perceived by people suffering from different types of color blindness.
- tota11y is an accessibility visualization toolkit.
- WAVE – allows you to evaluate web content for availability directly in Chrome and Firefox.
[Related Article: Java 11 New Features At A Glance ]
These free and paid tools are designed to make creating animations easier. Therefore, if you are interested in creating animated transitions, micro-interactions or scroll-based animation, use these tools:
- Adobe After Effects is an application for creating digital visual effects, graphics and compositing.
- BeatFlyer is a web-based tool that allows you to quickly create looped animations from your layered compositions.
- Haiku is a keyframe animation tool that connects your interface tools with code that developers can easily use.
- Keyshape is a 2D animation tool that allows you to export animated SVG files.
- Kite Compositor is a powerful animation and prototyping application for Mac and iOS.
- LightBox – 2D, hand-drawn animation package
- Lottie is a mobile library for Android and iOS that analyzes Adobe After Effects animations exported in json format, with Bodymovin, and displays them on mobile devices and the Internet.
- Spirit is an animation tool that helps you create and manage animations in the browser in real time.
- Tumult Hype is an application for creating animation and interactive HTML5 files for macOS.
[Related Article: TOP 3 Programming Languages ]
Principle, Framer, Invision Studio, Flinto are also among the UI and UX applications for creating animation.
Augmented Reality Tools (AR)
Augmented reality is a technology that refines our real world by adding a layer of digital information. The use of AR increases significantly every day. That is why we have collected here various programs for creating, designing and prototyping applications for augmented reality.
- Lightform is an AR design tool.
- Torch is a cloud application for 3D design and prototyping, focused on mobile augmented reality.
- Spark AR Studio – create an AR experience for Instagram without writing code.
[Related Article: 15 Most Popular UI Design Trends]
Collaboration tools not only help improve performance, but also lead to successful projects. Here you can find the best collaboration tools for effective teams.
- Gallery.io is a collaborative tool for uploading project work, getting feedback and tracking changes.
- Invision Freehand – allows you to quickly create, discuss and carry out an iteration of projects.
- Jira is a software development tool used by agile teams.
- MURAL – think and collaborate visually. Anywhere, anytime.
- Notion – write, plan, collaborate and organize projects. Notion is all you need in one tool.
- RealtimeBoard is an interactive whiteboard for interfunctional collaboration.
- Trello is a project management web application that allows you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun and flexible way.
- Visual Inspector is a collaboration tool for feedback and fixing design errors.
- Witeboard is a simple board for real-time collaboration.
- Wrike is an online project management program that gives you complete visibility and control over your tasks.
[Related Article:15 Most Popular UI Design Trends ]
If you are looking for a eyedropper tool, a color detection tool or a color pickup tool, just read this list. Here are design tools for creating color combinations and defining really nice color combinations. Almost all of these tools are free:
- Adobe Color – create color schemes using a color wheel or view thousands of color combinations from the community.
- Chroma is a free web application that allows you to define color.
- Coolors.co is a super fast color scheme generator.
- Colourcode is an online tool that allows you to easily and intuitively combine colors.
- Just Color Picker is a free portable offline selector and color editor.
- Khroma – a tool for creating color palettes based on AI.
- Material Colors Native is a Google material design color palette in the form of a Mac app.
- Paletton – a tool for creating color combinations.
- Pikka – Color Picker – color palette and color scheme generator for macOS.
- React Color – a collection of color palettes from Sketch, Photoshop, Chrome. It is free and open source . .
- Sip is the best way to collect, organize and share colors. Pipette tool for macOS.
- Skala Color – supports a large number of formats, contains everything you need for web, iOS, Android and macOS development.
- Swatches is an iOS application that allows you to collect, inspect and share colors that inspire you every day.
- UI Gradients – a collection of beautiful color gradients for designers and dev
Do you receive feedback during the development process? If you want more detailed information about interface problems or visual errors, take a look at this tool:
- Flawless Feedback – view and comment on iOS applications, and then share your feedback in Jira or Trello.
Design Transfer Tools to Developers
Design transfer occurs when designers finish work and must provide results to developers. So let’s look at the following design transfer tools:
- Avocode – open designs without design tools. Export images without preparing layers. Click on the layers to get the code.
- Invision Inspect – helps prepare designs for development.
- Sketch Measure – Sketch plugin that allows you to annotate the distance and size of elements.
- Specctr – if you are developing a user interface in PS, AI or ID, this tool will show the differences in versions.
- Sympli – automatic transfer of specifications and assets from Sketch, Photoshop and Adobe XD. Integrated with Jira, Xcode and Android Studio.
- Zeplin – automatically transmits design and style guides with accurate features, resources and code snippets.
Tools for creating design systems
Here you can find tools to help you create, maintain and organize your own design system:
- Brand.ai is an automatically maintained style guide for interface components.
- Design System Manager – Invision’s design system manager.
- Frontify – allows you to create graphic manuals, template libraries, design systems.
- Lingo – create a shared library of assets for the whole team.
- Lucid is a tool for creating, managing and sharing a design system. From a simple library of components to detailed descriptions of your styles.
- Zeroheight – style guides created by designers, extended by developers and edited by everyone.
We can also add Sketch, Figma and Framer X ( Framer X Team Store ) to this list .
Site creation tools
Check out this collection of website building tools. You can easily create your own landing page from scratch right in your browser:
- Blocs For Mac is a fast, easy-to-use and powerful visual web design tool that allows you to create responsive websites without writing code.
- Bootstrap Studio is a powerful web design tool for creating responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework.
- Mobirise is offline website builder based on Bootstrap 3/4 and Google AMP.
- Pinegrow is a professional visual editor for CSS Grid, Bootstrap 4 and 3, Foundation, responsive design, HTML and CSS.
- px.div – the right tool for creating websites for developers and designers
- Readymag is a visually pleasing design tool, from landing pages to presentations and portfolios.
- STUDIO – design from scratch, collaborate in real time and publish websites.
- Sympli – Deliver design, assets and specifications directly to your preferred development environment (for example, Xcode, Android Studio).
- Tilda – create a website, landing page or online store for free using Tilda modules and publish it the same day.
- Webflow – create responsive websites in your browser, then place them with us or export your code for placement in any other place.
Experience Monitoring Tools
Analytical tools can help you analyze data and extract relevant information that you can use to improve results or performance. Check out this list of the best data analysis tools:
- Amplitude – understand your users, quickly improve product quality and grow your business.
- Fathom – provides simple and useful website statistics without tracking and storing your users’ personal data.
- FullStory is an application that collects all the data about your customer experience on one powerful and easy-to-use platform.
- Google Analytics — measure the return on your advertising investment, as well as track your Flash and video clips in applications and social networks.
- Heap – automatically captures every interaction in the Internet, on mobile devices and in the cloud, and then analyzes your data backdating without writing code.
- Hotjar – find out how visitors actually use your site, collect user feedback and turn more visitors into customers.
- Inspectlet – record your visitors’ videos when they use your site so you can see everything they do.
- Mixpanel – get an idea of all your user-centric data to make better decisions and act faster depending on how customers use your product or website.
- Pendo – measures and improves the quality of customer service in applications.
Fonts are usually used to make the Internet more beautiful. In this section, you can find a free font generator and font search tools that allow you to manage and work with fonts.
- Adobe Fonts – Thousands of beautiful fonts.
- Google Fonts – makes the Internet more beautiful, faster and more open thanks to great typography.
- Google Webfonts Helper is an easy way to self-locate Google Fonts .. It is free and open source .
- Fontbase – font management made easy.
- FontPair is a simple tool that helps you connect Google Fonts together.
- Fontface Ninja is a browser extension that lets you know which fonts are used on any website.
- FontSpark is a simple tool that helps designers quickly find the best fonts for their projects.
- RightFont is a font management application that helps you browse, sync, install and organize fonts via iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive.
- Sans Forgetica is a downloadable font designed scientifically to help you remember your study notes.
- Typeface is a font manager that improves your workflow with font preview and flexible labeling.
- Webfont – create and maintain custom SVG font icons, create a common library of icons.
Free software for creating screenshots
Free and full featured screen capture apps. Here you can find programs for both MacOS and Windows.
- CloudApp – record videos, comment on screenshots, create GIFs and save them in the cloud.
- Giphy Capture – captures parts of the screen and exports them in GIF or MP4 format.
- Greenshot – take a screenshot of the selected area, window or entire screen. Export it in a variety of ways. Free for Windows.
- Kap is an open source screen recorder with the ability to export to GIF, MP4, WebM and APNG.
- Lighshot is an application for quick screen capture.
- Monosnap – take screenshots, comment on them and upload to the cloud.
- Quicktime is a video player that you can use to record screen.
- Screenie is a screenshot tool that works as an image manager, so you can filter and search by image, change the type of screenshots files.
- ScreenToGif is an open source tool for recording a GIF file of a screen. In addition, it is a good editor. Available only for Windows.
- Snappy is a tool that takes quick snapshots and organizes them for you in a collection.
- Teampaper Snap is a modern screenshots application that allows you to take screenshots of a selected area.
- Paparazzi is a small macOS utility for creating screenshots of websites.
Tools for creating icons
This section presents thousands of vector icons for everything. All icons are available in SVG, so you can easily customize them and use them for personal and commercial use:
- Iconfinder is a marketplace for vector icons (SVG). Icon sets are available in IconJar format.
- IconJar – store all your icons in one manager.
- Font Awesome is the most popular open source web icon and toolkit .
- Fontello is a tool for creating custom fonts with icons, also open source .
- Noun Project – icons for all cases.
- Nucleo is an application for Mac and Windows for collecting, customizing and exporting all your icons.
- Svgsus is a tool for managing SVG icons.
Constantly updated collection of beautiful images in SVG format, which you can use for free and without attribution:
- unDraw is a collection of beautiful SV images.
Information Architecture Tools
Stunning information architecture tools for creating visual maps of the site, as well as improving the usability and information architecture of your site:
- OptimalSort is a card sorting tool that allows you to understand how people classify content in your interface.
- Treejack – download the proposed sitemap to see how the user will navigate your site.
Create your company’s online logo with these easy-to-use tools:
- Logo Lab – test your logo using automated visual experiments.
- Logo Package Express – automatically exports and packs dozens of logo options and file types for your customers in less than 5 minutes.
Tools for creating wiframes
The tools in this section will help you create and collaborate on wireframes, layouts, diagrams, and prototypes.
- Cleanmock – create stunning layouts using the latest device frames, such as iPhone and custom backgrounds.
- Rotato – animated 3D layouts for your applications.
- Screely – quickly creates a web page design in a minimalist browser window.
- ScreenSpace is a 3D video device for motion designers.
- Smartmockups – create stunning product layouts in just a few mouse clicks.
Mouse Motion Tracking Tools
Mouse tracking tools help record mouse cursor movement and clicks to determine user points of interest.
- Mouseflow – record mouse movements.
Pixel Graphics Tools
Pixel art is a digital art form in which color is applied to individual pixels to create an image. Below is the best software for creating pixel graphics on MacOS and Windows:
- Piskel is an online editor for animated sprites and pixel graphics.
- Aseprite is an animated sprite editor and pixel art tool.
Prototyping tools allow designers and customers to better collaborate in the same context. We have built great prototyping tools that you can use to create wireframes, prototypes, and collaboration:
- Alva – creating live prototypes using code components. It has open source code .
- Axure RP – creation of wireframes, prototyping, collaboration and generation of specifications.
- Balsamiq – creation of wireframes and collaboration.
- Creo – prototyping, export code and built-in mobile application designer.
- InVision is a platform for prototyping and collaboration.
- Flinto is a Mac application for creating interactive and animated prototypes of application designs.
- Framer X is a tool for visual design of realistic interactive prototypes.
- Keynote is a built-in Mac presentation application that can also be used to quickly prototype (see how Apple designers use it to test design concepts).
- Marvel App is a collaboration platform. Wyrframe, prototype, online design and creation of design specifications in one place.
- Maze is a tool for designers and developers that provides analytical results with effective efficiency for your Invision prototypes.
- Principle – allows you to easily create animated and interactive user interfaces.
- ProtoPie – combine high-precision interactions, create prototypes with touch controls and share your amazing creations in minutes.
- Proto.io is a tool for creating fully interactive, high-precision prototypes that look and work exactly the same as your application.
- UXPin – create prototypes that seem real, using the capabilities of the code components, logic, states and design systems.
You can also prototype with Figma, Adobe XD and InVision Studio, which are mentioned in the section “Interface Design Tools”.
Sometimes you just need a pencil and paper to start creating an application or website. So, here you can find tools for creating sketches on the Internet with excellent sketching sheet templates to speed up your creative process.
- Sketchsheets is an open source project designed to provide free printing templates for the latest devices and platforms for designing wireframes.
- Sneakpeekit is a useful tool, contains grids and device frames.
Tools for adding stock photos
Beautiful, free stock photos and images that you can download and use for any project:
- Burst – free stock photos for websites and commercial use.
- FreePhotos.cc – free stock photos for commercial use.
- Pexels is an aggregator of many free photo resources.
- Pixabay – a website for sharing photos, illustrations, vector graphics and movies under a private license.
- pxhere is a photo bank of free photos.
- Unsplash – free photos.
- #WOCinTech Chat Photos – free photos of women “techies”.
- Zoommy – helps you find awesome free stock photos for your creative product or inspiration.
Interface design tools
Want to create the perfect user interface? Check out the best free open source interface development tools to improve your workflow:
- Adobe Illustrator – create logos, icons, drawings, typography and illustrations for print, web, video and mobile devices.
- Adobe Photoshop – a program for graphic design and image processing.
- Adobe XD – design, prototype, and create any user experience, from websites and mobile applications to voice interactions.
- Affinity Designer is a vector graphics editor for macOS, iOS and Microsoft Windows.
- CleverBrush is a browser based online vector graphics editor and digital publishing tool that can be integrated into a page as a component of JS.
- Figma is a browser -based design tool that allows you to design and prototype together in real time.
- Gravit is a free vector design application available for macOS, Windows, Linux, ChromeOS and the browser.
- GIMP is free open source software for image processing and graphic design.
- Inkscape is a free open source vector graphics editor. It has the ability to create or edit vector graphics, such as illustrations, diagrams, line art, logos, and complex graphics.
- Invision Studio – combines design, prototyping and collaboration in one harmonious workflow.
- Krita is a free browser-based graphic design application, alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
- Photopea is a free browser-based graphic design application, alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
- Sketch is a Mac design toolkit.
- Vectr is a simple cross-platform tool that allows you to easily and intuitively create vector graphics.
User flow creation tools
User Flow Charts are the fastest way to plan customer paths and improve user experience. Therefore, if you need to create a user flow or site map, take a look at these tools:
- Draw.io is free online software for creating flowcharts and various diagrams.
- Flowmapp is an online tool for creating sitemaps and user flow that helps you effectively design and plan your user experience.
- Google Drawings – create charts and diagrams for free; all in google docs.
- Lucidchart is an online tool for creating diagrams, flowcharts, site maps and more.
- MindNode is a mind mapping application that makes brainstorming simple and easy.
- NinjaMock is an online tool for creating wireframes and user flow. Connect the screens and create a prototype of the logical flow. All with visual style by hand.
- OmniGraffle is an application for creating diagrams and digital illustrations for macOS and iOS.
- Overflow – turn your designs into user flows telling a story.
- Sketch.systems — interface design and user-flow with interactive state machines.
- Whimsical – it is easy to create user flow, wireframes and notes with it.
- yEd – Graph Editor is a free desktop diagramming tool for a wide range of use cases. Auto-layout helps a lot when creating flowcharts.
Version Control for Designers
Version control tools are the most important, as the development of each project begins with the selection of the correct version control system. Check out the version control systems below for designers and teams:
- Abstract is a platform for creating, managing, and collaborating on Sketch files.
- Folio is a simple version control system for design teams based on Git.
- Kactus – version control design without changing tools. Manage your changes, document your work and keep your team in sync.
- Plant is a Mac app and a Sketch plugin offering full version control for designers and teams.
- Versions is a versioning tool with visual distinction, merging and conflict resolution. Works with GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab and Azure Devops.