IoT Interview Questions And Answers prepared from Codingcompiler experts. These IoT(Internet of things) Interview Questions were asked in various interviews conducted by top multinational companies across the globe. We hope that these interview questions on Iot will help you in cracking your next job interview. All the best and happy learning.
In this article, you’ll learn
IoT Interview Questions
IoT Interview Questions And Answers
Advanced IoT interview Questions And Answers
The Best IoT IoT Interview Questions And Answers
Real-time Internet of Things Interview Questions And Answers
IoT Interview Questions
- What is IoT (Internet of things)?
- Give examples of the Impact of Internet of Things (IoT) on our lives?
- What are the main parts of IoT systems?
- What are security concerns related to IoT?
- What are the important components that exist in the Internet of Things?
- How will the Internet of Things impact the sustainability of the business and will it have any impact on the environment?
- Explain the IoT protocol stack.
- What is the top 5 Machine to Machine (M2M) applications in the world?
- Explain what is the role does the network play in the Internet of Everything?
- What is the difference between IOT devices and embedded devices?
IoT Interview Questions And Answers
1. What is IoT?
Answer: IoT stands for an Internet of Things. It is largely a network using which matters can talk to each other the use of the internet as an approach to communication between them. All of the matters should be IP protocol enabled on the way to have this concept viable. Not one but more than one technology are concerned to make IoT an exquisite fulfillment.
2. Give examples of the Impact of Internet of Things (IoT) on our lives?
Answer: With interconnected devices, you can better arrange your lifestyles and be extra productive, safer, smarter and informed than ever earlier than.
As an instance how smooth it’ll be that allows you to begin your day if your alarm clock is not only capable of wake you up however also able to talk together with your brewer to tell it that you are awake on the same time notifies your geezer to start water heating.
3. What are the main parts of IoT systems?
IoT system consists of three main parts:
- Network connectivity
- Data storage applications.
4. What are security concerns related to IoT?
Data security and privacy are major concerns related to IoT. These devices are vulnerable to hacking and cloud endpoints could be used by hackers to attack servers. Software developers and device designers have to ensure adequate security and privacy measures.
5. What are the important components that exist in the Internet of Things?
Answer: The important components that exist in the Internet of Things are as follows:
3. Verbal exchange infrastructure
6. How will the Internet of Things impact the sustainability of the business and will it have any impact on the environment?
Answer: Well, with the help of the Internet of Things will definitely have a positive impact on the existing processes and the execution. For example, with the help of the Internet of Things, the street light systems can be managed way better than what we are going through now. Using an automation process the street lighting system can be better managed and a lot of electricity can be saved and a lot of power could be used elsewhere where it is really needed. Also, with effective management, the number of carbon emissions could also be reduced to a drastic level because the street light system is effectively and efficiently managed. So thus, making a positive impact on the process itself and also has a good impact on the environment.
7. Explain the IoT protocol stack.
IoT has 4 protocol layers:
- Sensing and information: Includes various smart sensor devices based on GPS, RFID, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Network connectivity: Layer is based on a wired and wireless network such as WLAN, WMAN, Ethernet, optical fiber and more.
- Information processing layer
- Application layer
8. What is the top 5 Machine to Machine (M2M) applications in the world?
They are as follows:
- Asset tracking and monitoring in some form or some other (stolen automobiles, fleet, construction system, and many others seems to be the biggest.
- Insurance telematics is huge as it gives insurance groups the possibility to cut the threat and force higher/extra appealing pricing.
- Utilities/automatic meter reading/clever grids – plenty of regulation and funding into this in the intervening time. There a plenty of countrywide solutions because the requirements and business case are driven in very numerous ways.
- Automotive is also very big and is driven by consumer’s demand.
- mHealth is also present in small scale.
9. Explain what is the role does the network play in the Internet of Everything?
Answer: Well, the network itself plays an important role in the word of the Internet of Things, it is a driving factor for bringing all the different systems together which work hand in hand and show us a better future or betterment in every process.
It provides an intelligent, manageable and secure infrastructure for better execution.
10. What is the difference between IOT devices and embedded devices?
Answer: Internet of things is a type of embedded system that connects to the internet. Embedded systems tend to be small software programs that implement a few functions. Internet of Things may be updated constantly according to the environment and learn by itself.
Advanced IoT interview Questions And Answers
11. Does the internet is always needed for any IOT devices?
Answer: The internet is not actually needed all the time. But there should be some network present so that the devices are capable of speaking with each other.
12. What is an Arduino?
Answer: Arduino is an open-source electronics platform which has easy to use both hardware and software. Arduino boards are a Microcontroller which is capable of reading input from sensors to controlling motors and etc. programmatically.
13. What is a Raspberry Pi?
Answer: Raspberry Pi is a credit card sized computer which is capable of doing all operations like a conventional computer. But it also has other built-in features like onboard Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPIO pins to communicate with other external Things.
14. What function does the community play within the lot?
Answer: The network plays a crucial function in the net of the entirety. It needs to provide a clever, practical, comfortable infrastructure that may scale to assist billions of context-conscious gadgets.
15. How might wireless communications have an effect on the development and implementation of the internet of things (IoT)?
Answer: Both certified and unlicensed electromagnetic spectrum is vital for devices and gadgets to communicate wirelessly. For brand spanking new purposes and industries, IoT devices are being deployed & evolved, and some argue that the current day framework for spectrum allocation might not serve those new industries well.
16. How will net of things (IoT) impact the sustainability of environment or business?
Answer: Internet of things (IoT) can considerably lessen carbon emissions by way of making commercial enterprise and enterprise greater green. By using road lighting fixtures greater, you may save about 40% of the energy used to lead them to run.
17. What is the difference between the (IoT) and the sensor commercial enterprise?
Answer: Sensors may be utilized in masses of various approaches of lots which don’t want to be net related. IoT also includes the managing aspect, no longer simply the sensing aspect.
18. What is the difference between a wireless sensor network (WSN) and the Internet of Things(IoT) network?
WSN: Wi-Fi sensor community is the foundation of IoT packages. WSN is a network of motes, fashioned to look at, to take a look at or to monitor bodily parameters of desired utility.
e.g. motes deployed in agricultural land, screen temp-humidity or maybe soil moisture, who gathers statistics and ideal statistics analysis procedure consequences approximately crop yields-high quality or amount.
IoT: IoT is a community of bodily objects managed and monitored over the internet. Now just as win, in its application, you will stumble upon the monitoring of physical parameters. But preferred results are little different. IoT is about M2M, it’s far greater than bringing smartness into daily gadgets.
e.g. device hooked in your thermostat monitors surrounding temperature and adjust it to maximum favored placing for.
19. What is Bluegiga APX4 protocol for an Internet of Things?
Bluegiga and wireless together may be used without interference as they are compliable to coexistence protocols. The bluegiga apx4 supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and is based on a 450mhz arm9 processor.
20. Why will the Internet of Things(IoT) be successful in the coming years?
Answer: As the telecommunication area is becoming extra giant and efficient, broadband internet is broadly available. With technological advancement, it is now less inexpensive to provide essential sensors with integrated wifi abilities making connecting devices less costly.
Importantly, the clever phone utilization has passed all the predicted limits and telecommunication region is already operating on its toes to make their clients satisfied by improving their infrastructure. As IoT gadgets want no separate conversation than the present one, constructing IoT tech could be very reasonably-priced and highly attainable.
The Best IoT Interview Questions And Answers
21. What impacts will the Internet of Things (IoT) have on Health Care Sector?
Answer: IoT has many applications inside the healthcare field, in both fitness tracking and treatment, together with telemedicine and telehealth. Applications may additionally contain the usage of a medical era and the internet to provide lengthy-distance health care and training. Medical devices, which may be wearable or non-wearable, or maybe implantable, injectable, or ingestible, can allow far off monitoring of an affected person’s important signs, persistent situations, or different indicators of health and wellbeing.
22. Will IoT actually work over the internet or will it have its own dedicated wide area network?
Answer: Interoperability between numerous wireless and networking requirements continues to be a difficulty and something that forums and standards bodies are looking to deal with. The IoT is a whole myriad of different methods of connecting things. It is able to be constant, wi-fi nfc, mobile, extremely-slim band or maybe ZigBee.
23. What are the elements of the Internet of Everything?
Answer: Human beings: People will continue to attach through gadgets, like smartphones, computers, and drugs, in addition to social networks, which includes FB and LinkedIn.
Procedure: This includes evolving era, business, organizational and different tactics in order to be wished in an effort to control and, to a massive extent, automate the explosive growth in connections and the resultant accumulation, analysis and conversation of information with a view to be inevitable inside the internet of the entirety.
Things: It consists of many physical objects like sensors, meters, actuators, and other styles of gadgets that can be connected to any item, that are or can be capable of connecting to the community and sharing statistics. These items will sense and supply more facts, respond to manipulate inputs, and provide more statistics to assist human beings and machines make choices.
Information: Today, devices commonly accumulate statistics and circulate it over the internet to a valuable source, in which it is analyzed and processed. Such statistics is predicted to surpass today’s biggest social media data set by means of every other order of importance.
24. What Impacts Will The Internet Of Things (iot) Have On Infrastructure And Smart Cities Sector?
The capabilities of the smart grid, smart buildings, and ITS combined with IoT components in other public utilities, such as roadways, sewage and water transport and treatment, public transportation, and waste removal, can contribute to more integrated and functional infrastructure, especially in cities.
For example, traffic authorities can use cameras and embedded sensors to manage traffic flow and help reduce congestion. IoT components embedded in street lights or other infrastructure elements can provide functions such as advanced lighting control, environmental monitoring, and even assistance for drivers in finding parking spaces. Smart garbage cans can signal waste removal teams when they are full, streamlining the routes that garbage trucks take.
This integration of infrastructure and service components is increasingly referred to as smart cities, or other terms such as connected, digital, or intelligent cities or communities. A number of cities in the United States and elsewhere have developed smart-city initiatives.
25. How Will Internet Of Things (iot) Impact Sustainability Of Environment Or Business?
Internet of Things (IoT) can significantly reduce carbon emissions by making business and industry more efficient. “By managing street lights more efficiently you can save approximately 40% of energy used to make them run,” Will Franks says.
ill Ruh, vice-president of GE Software, agrees. “We have created 40 applications,” says Ruh. “One of these, PowerUp, uses sensors to collect weather and performance data from wind turbines to enable operators to generate up to 5% more electricity without physically changing it, which generates 20% more profit for our customers.”
26. What Is The Difference Between The Internet Of Things (iot) And The Sensor Business?
Sensors can be used in lots of different ways, many of which don’t need to be internet connected. IoT also includes the control side, not just the sensing side.
27. What Impacts Will The Internet Of Things (iot) Have On Economic Growth?
Several economic analyses have predicted that the IoT will contribute significantly to economic growth over the next decade, but the predictions vary substantially in magnitude. The current global IoT market has been valued at about $2 trillion, with estimates of its predicted value over the next five to ten years varying from $4 trillion to $11 trillion. Such variability demonstrates the difficulty of making economic forecasts in the face of various uncertainties, including a lack of consensus among researchers about exactly what the IoT is and how it will develop.
28. Why Internet Of Things(iot) Will Be Successful In The Coming Years?
As the telecommunication sector is becoming more extensive and efficient, broadband internet is widely available. With technological advancement it is now much cheaper to produce necessary sensors with built-in wifi capabilities making connecting devices less costly.
Most important, the smart phone usage has surpassed all the predicted limits and telecommunication sector is already working on its toes to keep their customers satisfied by improving their infrastructure.As IoT devices need no separate communication than the existing one building IoT tech is very cheap and highly achievable.
29. What Are The Main Social And Cultural Impacts Of Internet Of Things (iot)?
The IoT may create webs of connections that will fundamentally transform the way people and things interact with each other. The emerging cyberspace platform created by the IoT and SMAC has been described as potentially making cities like “computers” in open air, where citizens engage with the city “in a real-time and ongoing loop of information.”
Some observers have proposed that the growth of IoT will result in a hyperconnected world in which the seamless integration of objects and people will cause the Internet to disappear as a separate phenomenon. In such a world, cyberspace and human space would seem to effectively merge into a single environment, with unpredictable but potentially substantial societal and cultural impacts.
30. What are the Pros and cons of the Internet of things?
Automation and control:
The Internet of things permits you to automate and control the tasks which are performed in day to day life.
Machine to Machine communication provides better results with more transparency. Moreover, people can free to do other jobs.
Privacy and security:
Managing privacy settings on the Internet is essential. Many of our day to day life machines,appliances and services become connected to the Internet with certain information available on the Internet which makes it harder to keep confidential information from the data breacher and spammers.
Internet of things is such an extensive, distinct network, A single error in software or hardware may cause significant consequences.
Real-time Internet of Things Interview Questions And Answers
31. Name some of the various sectors where IOT played a major role?
Answer: IoT is covering almost all sectors. Some important major sectors are as follows:
- logistics(GPS tracking)
- Real Estate and Housing(smart homes)
- Health care(TeleMedicine)
32. Which are the most used sensor types in IoT?
Answer: For a long time, organization and Industries have been using various types of sensors. After the invention of IoT, it has taken the expansion of sensors to an advanced and different level. These are the following most used sensors in IoT; Temperature sensor, proximity sensor pressure sensor,water quality sensor, chemical sensor,Gas sensor, and so on.
33. What are GPIO pins?
Answer: GPIO stands for “General purpose input/output”. GPIO pins generally found on the integrated circuit that doesn’t have a particular function. The primary purpose of the GPIO pins are redirecting a signal to a specific component, various features of the GPIO pins are configurable and can be regulated by the software.
34. What are the wireless communications boards present in Raspberry Pi?
Answer: Raspberry pi supports Wifi and Bluetooth/BLE for wireless communication.
35. List some applications of PWM in IoT?
Answer: Pulse Width Modulation has various applications in IoT:
- Dimming LED
- Speed control DC motor
- Direction control of Servo Motor
36. List the Industries that are using IoT currently?
Answer: IoT Isn’t constrained to specific industries; however, it varies from industries to industries. IoT was first started to begin in Manufacturing industries, for example, Car manufacturing where the majority of the mechanical operations were automated.
List of some Industries that are using IoT Currently are as follows:
- Consumer Electronics
37. Explain a live case example of IoT?
Answer: The fitness band is a live case example of IoT devices in which the communications between mobile phones and the fitness band happen automatically.
38. What is Bluegiga APX4 convention for the Internet of Things (IoT)?
Answer: The Bluegiga APx4 is a Power-efficient wireless system based on 450 MHz ARM9 processors that support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and WiFi.
Related Interview Questions
- Core Java Interview Questions
- JSF Interview Questions
- JSP Interview Questions
- JPA Interview Questions
- Spring Framework Interview Questions
- Spring Boot Interview Questions
- Core Java Multiple Choice Questions
- 60 Java MCQ Questions And Answers
- Aricent Java Interview Questions
- Accenture Java Interview Questions
- Advanced Java Interview Questions For 5 8 10 Years Experienced
- Core Java Interview Questions For Experienced
- GIT Interview Questions And Answers
- Network Security Interview Questions
- CheckPoint Interview Questions
- Page Object Model Interview Questions
- Apache Pig Interview Questions
- Python Interview Questions And Answers
- Peoplesoft Integration Broker Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft Application Engine Interview Questions