Ubuntu Interview Questions And Answers prepared from Codingcompiler experts. These Ubuntu Interview Questions were asked in various interviews conducted by top multinational companies across the globe. We hope that these interview questions on Vagrant will help you in cracking your next job interview. All the best and happy learning.
In this article, you’ll learn
- Ubuntu Interview Questions
- Ubuntu Interview Questions And Answers
- Advanced Ubuntu Interview Questions And Answers
Ubuntu Interview Questions
- What does Ubuntu mean?
- How is Ubuntu not affected by viruses?
- What’s the largest desktop migration to Ubuntu so far?
- How do I train as an Ubuntu system administrator?
Can Ubuntu be integrated with Microsoft infrastructure?
Why is Ubuntu considered as safe?
- Describe the term “Ubuntu Advantage”
- List the various features that are released by Ubuntu for their respective cloud strategies.
- How do I train as an Ubuntu system administrator?
- Can Ubuntu be integrated with Microsoft infrastructure?
- Why is Ubuntu considered as safe?
- What are some of the uses of the Private Cloud Concept?
Ubuntu Interview Questions And Answers
Q. What does Ubuntu mean?
Answer: Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning ‘humanity to others’. It can also be interpreted as ‘I am what I am because of who we all are’. The Ubuntu operating system brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world of computing. And one last extra question for the road.
Q. How is Ubuntu not affected by viruses?
Answer: Almost all viruses and malware are coded to take advantage of weaknesses in Windows. They simply won’t run on Ubuntu, immediately decimating the amount of time, resource and expense you invest in protecting your desktops (not to mention cleaning them up if something nasty does strike).
Q. What’s the largest desktop migration to Ubuntu so far?
Answer: 85,000 desktops. La Gendarmerie Nationale, part of the French police force, faced growing IT infrastructure costs and decided to review its existing Microsoft-based environment. After switching from Microsoft Office to OpenOffice.org and from Internet Explorer to Firefox, the police force decided to upgrade 85,000 desktop PCs to Ubuntu, removing its reliance on the Microsoft operating system almost completely. As well as simplifying maintenance and improving ease of use, Ubuntu is saving the police force €2 million a year in licence fees alone. By repurposing 4,500 machines to act as local servers, it has also dramatically reduced its hardware expenditure.The police force’s IT team tested a number of operating systems but found Ubuntu to be the best fit for the organisation.
Q. How do I train as an Ubuntu system administrator?
Answer: Canonical organise tailored training workshops depending on our customers’ needs.
What’s more, a webinar series will be available in early 2013 to teach you the basics on Ubuntu. Sign up to make sure you receive the latest webinar invitation.
Q. Can Ubuntu be integrated with Microsoft infrastructure?
Answer: Yes it can. You can do the work yourself, or you can work with Canonical consultants. Another solution would be to use a third-party technology designed to do just this: you can either migrate your MS servers to Ubuntu-based products such as Zentyal Enterprise Edition or connect your Ubuntu environment to your legacy Microsoft infrastructure using products like Centrify.
Q. Why is Ubuntu considered as safe?
Answer: Ubuntu is considered safe for the following reasons:
- Ubuntu utilizes Linux that is considered as one of the most secure O.S frameworks
- Dissimilar to other O.S frameworks, endless Linux clients can see the code whenever and can fix the issue if there is any
- By and large, Malware and infections are coded to exploit shortcoming in Windows
- It does not sustain malicious messages and contents, and before any email is opened by clients it will undergo numerous security checks
Q. Describe the term “Ubuntu Advantage”
Answer: Ubuntu Advantage is Canonical undertaking administrations offering that incorporates the framework management devices and supports (access to the Canonical Support Services group) to help endeavors benefit as much as possible from their Ubuntu experience. This offering was explicitly intended to make the IT progressively proficient and diminish costs for extensive arrangements.
Q. List the various features that are released by Ubuntu for their respective cloud strategies.
Answer: The various features that are released by Ubuntu for their respective cloud strategies include the following:
- Ubuntu Server Edition on Amazon EC2 (IaaS)
- Ubuntu enterprise cloud powered by Eucalyptus (IaaS)
The UbuntuOne feature is for various software services. However, the last two features are meant for a targeted audience that is looking for infrastructure layers within the computer stacks.
Q. How do I train as an Ubuntu system administrator?
Answer: Canonical organize tailored training workshops depending on our customers’ needs. What’s more, a webinar series will be available in early 2013 to teach you the basics on Ubuntu.
Q. What are some of the uses of the Private Cloud Concept?
Answer:Some of the uses of Private Cloud Concept include the following:
- The Private Cloud Concept proposes a total arrangement of improvement devices and simple design boards where one can alter and convey various model applications.
- It keeps the private and delicate applications discrete and protected from the entire world.
- It utilizes a firewall and keeps every one of the assets in a pool that isolates them with different assets that are made open.
- It gives a variety of arrangements to make superior applications and incorporates the idea of versatility.
Q. What methodology can be followed to run Unity on a virtual machine?
Answer: In order to run Unity on any virtual machine, firstly install the prescribed virtual box and “In VirtualBox > = 4.0. The Unity that is supported by this particular virtual box will then run when various Guest Additions are installed.
Advanced Ubuntu Interview Questions And Answers
Q. How Can I Run Unity In A Virtual Machine?
Install the virtual box and In Virtual Box >= 4.0 Unity is supported and runs nice when Guest Additions are installed.
XServer 1.10 from 11.04 is supported in Virtual Box >= 4.0.6 when Guest Additions are installed.
Q. Why Is Ubuntu The Most Popular Operating System For Cloud?
Large enterprises such as HP, Microsoft, Rackspace, IBM and Dream Host provide Ubuntu images in their public cloud infrastructure, or run it for their own private and public clouds.
Ubuntu is the number one operating system on Amazon Web Services and has been closely involved with Open Stack since the very beginning of the project. We can therefore provide engineering, consultancy and support expertise to help with any cloud project, whether you want to run your services on a major public cloud (Open Stack-based or otherwise) or build private cloud infrastructure on your own hardware.
Q. What are Features of Ubuntu
Answer: There is one login required for the entire installation process
- It has the facility to automatically detect keyboard layouts for various tasks
- Connections are easier with Nautilus
- Excellent support for different hardware such as network drivers, printers, etc.
- Easy to launch
- Excellent desktop integration with various video, audio and photo lenses
Q. What are the elements that are being used by Ubuntu cloud architecture?
Answer: There are several elements that are being used by Ubuntu cloud architecture such as:
- Cluster controller – Responsible for controlling the groups of the clouds containing several nodes and the designs of the nodes.
- Cloud controller – the role of the cloud controller is to handle the correlation among two nodes and allows the framework to communicate with each other.
- Elastic block storage controller – Elastic block storage controller allows the assets to rise with the rise in interest. It contains several dynamic assets.
- Node controller – The node controller contains various equipment assets that are handed over to the client via the group controller.
- Walrus Storage controller – this element manages the information capacity and assets at one spot.
Q. How we will get to know about the installation of the version of Ubuntu?
Answer: We need to follow certain steps to know about the installation of Ubuntu
Use CTRL+ALT+T to open your terminal or you can simply click on the terminal icon
Write lsb_release – command and it will show your Ubuntu version.
Q. How can we know about the system information in Ubuntu?
Answer: We can find about the system information with the use of Ctrl – Alt – T on the keyboard and it will redirect us to open the terminal and then you can run your command to create an HTML file that contains your system information.
Q. Mention the reasons why do we consider Ubuntu safe?
We consider Ubuntu safe because of the following reasons
- Linux is considered as one of the safest OS frameworks that are used by Ubuntu
- Unlike other OS frameworks, Linux clients can keep a check on the code all THE time and if any default found can be detected at the same time.
- Ubuntu does not contain any malicious messages and contents, and while opening the email, it goes under several security check-ups. Thus it does not bring any malware to your system.
Q. Can we consider Ubuntu as a good operating system?
Answer: Of course, Ubuntu can be taken as a good operating system as it is more resource friendly. Ubuntu can run on various bygones hardware much better than Windows can run.
Q. What is file format of Ubuntu for installation, if downloaded as CD image?
Q. What is the file extension of Xorg configuration file?
Q. Where does the packages reside in Ubuntu?
Answer: package repositories
OTHER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Vagrant Interview Questions
- 60 Java Multiple Choice Questions
- 40 Core Java MCQ Questions
- Anaplan Interview Questions And Answers
- Tableau Multiple Choice Questions
- Python Coding Interview Questions
- CSS3 Interview Questions
- Linux Administrator Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
- Hibernate Interview Questions
- Kubernetes Interview Questions
- Kibana Interview Questions
- Nagios Interview Questions
- Jenkins Interview Questions
- Chef Interview Questions
- Puppet Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions And Answers
- Android Interview Questions
- Mulesoft Interview Questions
- JSON Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft HRMS Interview Questions
- PeopleSoft Functional Interview Questions
- PeopleTools Interview Questions
- Peoplesoft Technical Interview Questions
- 199 Peoplesoft Interview Questions
- 200 Blue Prism Interview Questions
- Visualforce Interview Questions
- Salesforce Interview Questions
- 300 SSIS Interview Questions
- PHP Interview Questions And Answers