Computer Science Interview Questions for Freshers from Coding compiler. The best thing about computer science job interviews is that technical questions can still be guessed. If you apply for a job like CS / IT then you must have sufficient knowledge of that field along with the basics of computer science.
To help you prepare for the interview well, here are 25 of the most common and important interview questions that every computer science student must know. These questions are mostly asked during job interviews with developers, technical support, admins servers, tutors, database managers and testers and others.
Computer Science Interview Questions
- What is the definition of a computer system?
- What are the basic components of a computer system?
- What is a Microprocessor?
- Mention some of the latest Computer Processors?
- What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit processors?
- What is the operating system? Mention some popular OSes.
- What is primary memory and secondary memory?
- What is a chipset?
- What do you know about the OSI Model?
- What do you know about the TCP / IP model?
Computer Science Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is the definition of a computer system?
A computer system is a combination of CPU, memory and related electronics, all peripheral devices connected to it and their operating systems.
2. What are the basic components of a computer system?
The basic components of a computer system are the Central Processing Unit (arithmetic logic unit and control unit), Memory (primary memory and secondary memory) and Input and Output devices.
3. What is a Microprocessor?
A microprocessor is an integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central computer processing unit.
[Related Article: Core Java Multiple Choice Questions]
4. Mention some of the latest Computer Processors?
Intel Core i9, Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, AMD Ryzen 5, and AMD Ryzen 7 are some of the latest computer processors.
Basic Computer Science Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
5. What is the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit processors?
The 32-bit system can access 2 32 memory addresses, which is 4 GB RAM. The 64-bit system can access 2 64 memory addresses, 18-billion RAM. The amount of memory larger than 4 GB can be easily handled by a 64-bit processor.
[Related Article: Java Class Tutorial For Beginners]
6. What is the operating system? Mention some popular OSes.
An operating system is software that allows computer hardware to communicate and operate with computer software. This basically provides an interface between the user and the computer system. Microsoft Windows, Linux, and OSX are some of the popular operating systems.
[Related Article: Java Operators Tutorial For Beginners]
7. What is primary memory and secondary memory?
Primary memory (RAM) is the main memory of a computer that can be directly accessed by the CPU. Primary memory stores temporary information until the process is complete. Secondary memory (File Storage Device) refers to external storage devices that can be used to store data or information permanently.
[Related Article: Introduction to Java Programming]
8. What is a chipset?
Chipset is a collection of integrated circuits designed to function together as a unit, to perform certain tasks in a computer system.
[Related Article: Java Performance Tuning Tips]
9. What do you know about the OSI Model?
OSI ( Open Systems
10. What do you know about the TCP / IP model?
TCP / IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol and Internet Protocol. This is a network model used in current Internet architecture. Here the protocol is a set of rules that maintain communication over the network. It consists of four layers: Network access layer, Internet layer, Transport layer, and Application layer.
Job Interview Questions on Computer Science
11. What is the difference between system software and application software?
System software is software that is used for operation and communication with computer hardware. This provides a platform for running application software. Application software is special-purpose software that is used by users to perform certain tasks.
[Related Article: Java Generics Tutorial For Beginners]
12. The difference between a router, modem, and switch?
Modems are devices that make connections to the internet.
Routers are “traffic directors” of a network. It takes information provided by the modem to various connected devices and creates a private IP address internal Network Address Translated (NAT).
Switch is only a device that connects many devices on the same network. Unlike routers, Switches are only designed to facilitate communication for devices on the same network.
[Related Article: Java Data Types Tutorial For Beginners]
13. What do you know about the internet and the world wide web?
The internet is a massive network of networks, network infrastructure consists of several Wide Area Networks. The World Wide Web, or web, is a way of accessing information through internet media.
[Related Article: Introduction to Java Programming]
14. What is the difference between data, information, and programs?
Data is raw and unorganized facts that must be processed to make it meaningful. Information is a set of data that is processed in a way that is meaningful in accordance with the requirements provided. A program is a series of operations ordered specifically for the computer.
15. What is a programming language?
Programming language is a set of grammar rules for instructing computers or computing devices to perform certain tasks.
[Related Article: Programming Languages That You Should Learn Before]
Computer Science Engineering Interview Questions And Answers
16. What is an Algorithm?
Algorithm is a step-by-step process or set of rules that must be followed in a computer problem solving operation.
[Related Article: MobX Tutorial]
17. What is the difference between compilers and interpreters?
The compiler takes all the programs and converts them to object code which is usually stored in files. The object code can be directly executed by the machine after connecting. The interpreter directly executes line-by-line instructions written in a programming language without converting them into object code or machine code.
[Related Article: Top 20 Online C Compiler And Runner For C Programmers]
18. The difference between object oriented programming and procedural programming ?
In procedural programming, the main module is the procedure. These procedures are sequences of imperative statements, such as assignments, tests, repetitions, and calls for sub-procedures. This procedure is a function, which maps arguments to return statements.
In object-oriented programming, the main module in a program is class, not procedure. The object-oriented approach allows you to create classes and objects that model real-world objects.
[Related Article: Programming Languages]
19. What do you know about SDLC?
SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) or Software Development Life Cycle is a process that produces the highest quality and lowest cost software in a short time. SDLC involves several different stages, including planning, design, construction, testing, and deployment.
20. What do you know about software testing?
Software testing is the process of executing an application with the aim of finding software bugs. It can also be stated as a process of validating and verifying that a software program is functioning properly. Types of software testing include alpha testing, beta testing, etc.
Computer Science Job Interview Questions And Answers
21. What is a database management system or DBMS?
DBMS is a system for creating and managing databases. This gives users and programmers a systematic way to create, retrieve, update, and manage data.
22. What is the meaning of the IDE?
An IDE (Integrated Development Environment) is a GUI-based tool designed to help developers build software applications with an integrated environment combined with all the necessary programs and libraries at hand.
[Related Article: 4 Technology Trends That Are Transforming]
23. What is a framework?
The framework is a platform for developing software applications that provide the basis on which software developers can build programs for a particular platform. For example, a framework can include predetermined classes and functions that can be used to process inputs, manage hardware devices, and interact with system software.
[Relted Article: Artificial Intelligence Trends Forecast ]
24. Definition of AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Artificial Intelligence is a general term to try to make computers think like the way humans think, can simulate various things that humans do and ultimately solve problems in ways that are better and faster than we do.
Machine learning is a self-adaptation algorithm that gets better and better analysis and patterns with experience or with newly added data.
Deep learning, on the other hand, is part of machine learning, utilizing the hierarchical level of artificial neural networks to carry out the machine learning process.
[Related Article: FREE Machine Learning Crash Course – Learn With Google AI]
25. What is cryptography?
Cryptography is a way of protecting actual information and communication through the use of code so that only those who are directed to information can read and process it.
These are the most common and important interview questions that every computer science student must know. Happy learning.!
RELATED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
- Mobile Application Testing Interview Questions
- Pega Interview Questions
- UI Developer Interview Questions
- Tableau Interview Questions
- SAP ABAP Interview Questions
- Reactjs Interview Questions
- UiPath Interview Questions
- Automation Anywhere Interview Questions
- RPA Interview Questions
- RPA Blue Prism Interview Questions
- Ranorex Interview Questions
- AWS Interview Questions
- SSRS Interview Questions
- SQL Interview Questions
- Informatica MDM Interview Questions
- CyberArk Interview Questions
- SAP SD Interview Questions
- SAP EWM Interview Questions
- Angular 2 Interview Questions
- AngularJS Interview Questions
- Accenture Java Interview Questions
- Advanced Java Interview Questions
- Core Java Interview Questions
- .NET Interview Questions
- Ansible Interview Questions
- ServiceNow Interview Questions
- SSIS Interview Questions And Answers
- Oracle Performance Tuning Interview Questions
- SCCM Interview Questions